Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue/Poser Pro import issues

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 5:19 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 6:40 AM

Hi folks,

First off I am still using Vue infinte 9 and I already know that this version of Vue isn't suited for poser imports via Poser Pro 2014 due to the SDK files.

What my problem is that since I have installed Poser Pro 2014 Vue 9 can not longer import Poser PZ3 files created in poser Pros 2010 and 2012.  Seems that since the installation of Poser Pro 2014 if has become the default for all poser pro scenes which I think is the reason Vue isn't importing them without throwing fits.

When I try to import an older PZ3 file vue starts saying it can't find things as if no Poser Pro apps are installed. Right now I have vue configured for Poser Pro 2012 which I never had any import issues. But as I said since Poser Pro 2014 I now have import issues.

I've tried to change to what version of poser pro I want to open the PZ3 files but there is only one option and that is Poser Pro 2014. Since Poser Pro .exe in all versions is named "Poserpro.exe" it seems windows 7 is only reading the latest version. Man I hope I've made sense of this. So is there a way to fix my import problem or am I going to have to save things as .obj files to import into Vue? This means hunting for all textures which blows lol.

Thanks!

My Facebook Page

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2013 at 9:42 PM

Just forget I ask huh? Nevermind.

My Facebook Page

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 1:41 AM

Patience.... this is the Vue forum, not the Poser forum. Here you will eventually get replies, but it may take a while, days, sometimes more then that. This forum isn't as active as some of the others.

I've read your question yesterday, but I don't have a solution for you, since I don't have Poser 2014 installed, only 2012, but I know Vue will recognize different versions. I always seem to have problems pointing Vue to the 64bit version, so I always point it to the 32bit version instead and that works for me. Do you happen to have the 32bit version of PoserPro 2012 installed? If so, try pointing it to that one and see what happens.

From what I read more people have problems with Poser 10 / Pro 2014, so perhaps nudging E-Onsoftware about this would be the best thing to do, after all they need to provide a working solution for the newest version of Poser working together with Vue.

It's one of the main reasons I didn't upgrade my poser version, I'm still on Vue 10 and know it will never work for me, reading about all the problems with even Vue 11 and the newest poser versions, has been a major thing for me to hold off upgrading.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 9:41 PM

I think you can manually browse for the exact poserpro.exe you want as default for Win7 to open PZ3s with.  I've never had more than one version of Poser installed on a machine, so have not run into this problem.  It would explan a lot of peoples problem though with Poser and Vue.  I bet they still have their other versions installed.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2013 at 1:35 AM

You could be right about that, I've got Poser 6, Pro 2010 (64bit) and Poser 2012 (both 32 & 64bit) installed. Normally I'm not running various version of an application, but I need these for testing purposes for the poser content I do create. PaganArtist has several versions installed as well, may be that's indeed confusing Vue. For me installing the 32 & 64bit version of the latest version and pointing Vue to the 32bit one has solved the problem, that way I seem to be able to have various Poser versions installed without confusing Vue.

I'm thinking of quiting with poser content creations completely, so perhaps one day I can uninstall everything and only have the Poser version installed I'm using.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

iborg64 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2013 at 2:41 PM

hi i have installed poser 2010  2012  and 2014 and create figures in any one and import into vue 10. all i need to do each time (if i use a different version of poser) is go in vue is -file/ options /configure poser import and point to the pose exe file of the version I used and it works fine .if i create somthing in adifferent poser version to that i used previous time have to change where the exe file is for that poser version each time as it appears vue will only remember one pose location .(and for those who wonder why 3 versions of poser , just built up big runtimes then with each new version linked the runtimes .)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2013 at 9:48 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2013 at 9:49 PM

Hi guys I have tried the vue file/ options /configure poser import and point to the pose exe file of the version I used. I think the problem is that both Poser 2012 and 2014 have the same named PoserPro. exe.  Both versions of Poser I have installed their .exe is the same  "PoserPro.exe.

So I feel that is what is giving Vue the fit. Also please remember I am using Vue 9 infinite and not like Vue 10 or above which also could be a problem.

Thanks!

My Facebook Page

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2013 at 9:56 PM

Vue 9 doesn't work with either version that I know of.  9.5 might work with Poser 2012 though.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2013 at 10:21 PM

I used to import Poser Pro 2012 .pz3 files all the time until I installed poser Pro 2014. Now I can't even import those. Vue keeps looking for .obj files but I have just noticed that all the Poser files are .obz.

My Facebook Page

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2013 at 10:26 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quote - I used to import Poser Pro 2012 .pz3 files all the time until I installed poser Pro 2014. Now I can't even import those. Vue keeps looking for .obj files but I have just noticed that all the Poser files are .obz.

Vue needs to be hand-held during the Poser import process.  Carrara is the same way.  It is how the Poser SDK is written.  Use Poser with its defaults, and Vue and other programs that rely on Poser will be so much happier.  Start customizing how Poser works, and you make it 10 times harder for other apps to use Poser.

But you know this already.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2013 at 6:29 PM

Well now Vue will not import any .PZ3 files even from Poser Pro 2010. Maybe Vue has become corrupted at some point and it may need to have a clean install. I missed the boat upgrading from Vue 9 to 10 so I imagine SDK's are just too out dated for anything but Poser Pro 2010 which, as I was saying, will not import into Vue now.

I have tried everything so I am at a loss. My only alternative is to save a scene as an .obj and hunt down all the textures manually and then bring it into Vue. I just love Vue to render with especially for outdoor scenes but it maybe something I will need to do if I want to still use Vue.

My Facebook Page

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2013 at 6:41 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2013 at 6:45 PM

Never have to re-install Vue.  You just need to remove Poser from the computer (don't delete your content though).  Then try importing a PZ3 into Vue to see what it tries to do (maybe ask for an SDK path to use which is normal, so just cancel the import).

Then (for god's sake) turn off the UAC and make sure your account has admin rights.  You do not want to be an end-user your whole life, after all.  :)

Then install the Poser you want to use with Vue (pick one).  Pick one that Vue has an SDK for.  Do not try to import PZ3 files into Vue that were created with a newer Poser than the one you just installed.

Re-save any Poser figure you have loaded into Poser so Vue knows for sure that the PZ3 came from that Poser and not from some PZ3 you may have downloaded.

Happy trails.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2013 at 7:52 PM

Thanks will give that a go!

My Facebook Page

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 12:08 PM

Flat out Vue no longer will import a poser PZ3 file no matter what. Things that worked before do not now Vue doesn't even recognize poser at all it's as if poser not even installed and I have unistalled poser and reinstalled it (Poser Pro 2010 and 2012). Both of these versions Vue had no problem recognizing and importing I have an entire folder of Vue rendered Poser imported images from both Poser Pro 2010 and 2012 so I am not mad I know it worked. :)

I have done all that has been suggested that I could understand. I have pointed the poser programs to the installed 32-bit and 64-Bit versions, no go, changed SDK setting, no go, and my frustation lies with Vue and not the forum. I don't understand why one day I have no problem and now a massive melt down. I even tried pointing Vue to Poser 7 which I also have installed and still nothing Vues acts if there is no version of poser installed. I hate poser to render outdoor scenes the lighting looks terrible.

I do know now that the problem I am having is not a Poser issue but a vue one. Remember I have Vue 9 not 9.5, not Vue 10 so what works in those doesnt' apply to me. I am just perplexed and confused as to why out of the blue Vue has decided to just quit after years of using both Poser Pro versions in Vue 9. I guess if I want vue renders images I am going to have to save it as an .obj file and hunt down every dang texture.

My Facebook Page

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 5:14 PM

Hey guys I got my imports to work again. Believe it or not I tried something I did once before when this happened. I pointed Vue to the Poser 7 .exe and it works now. I can import Poser Pro 2012 pz3 files again. Now I am not sure what will happen if I re-install Poser Pro 2014 if this will upset the apple cart again.

My Facebook Page

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 7:51 PM

Stick to one version of Poser.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 9:13 PM

live dangerously.  try and see.  My poser pro 2014 pz3s import fine.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.