Thu, Sep 19, 9:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: INJ poses

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 1:58 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Sorry I'm new to this.  I had Michael 3 for the longest time but didn't use him and now I have Michael 4.  For Michael 3 (and I think for Michael 4) I got the head and body morphs but they have these things called INJ poses.  I see that the default figure loads with practically no morphs so I assume these are for loading the morphs.  Whenever I try to do that though, I get a message asking to find the deltas.  It keeps asking for every one and I have to quit the program.

How do you get the morphs onto these figures?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 2:33 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2013 at 2:35 PM

file_498686.png

M3: See attached image.

The morphs are in the !DAZ subfolder (the ChanVis & Deltas) - this subfolder goes inside of libraries folder.  If you put the !DAZ folder anywhere other than the libraries subfolder the .pz2 injection morphs in the pose subfolder can't find them (they are hard-coded).

M4:  See next post.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 2:40 PM

file_498687.png

M4:  This gets a little tricker.  Just like M3, you will have a !DAZ folder that will be a separate folder in the libraries folder.

After installing the morphs in your runtime, you must initialize M4 to accept the morphs. If you did a default install, you should have a "Update Michael 4 Base" link on your desktop.

If you don't, do not despair, you simply need to go into the !DAZ folder and run the "DzCreateExPFiles-M4" command.  Double click on it and it will initialize the morphs.

See attached image for the location.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 2:40 PM

Morph packages should be installed into the runtime that contains the base models.  From your description, it sounds like the morphs and models are placed in different locations which is forcing Poser to manually request for their new locations.

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 5:23 PM

I only have one runtime.  Everything is installed to that runtime. It's C:/Poser7Runtime.  I just haven't changed the name from when I had Poser 7.

There is indeed a !DAZ folder in there.  It has folders for Michael 3, Victoria 3, and Michael 4.  The only thing inside the Michael 3 Deltas folder is a Wolf-InjDelta file.  However, I did find a Michael 3 figure in my runtime from a long time ago.  I remember that I loaded all the morphs onto it and saved it as a separate figure.  But when I try to load Jepe's Lionel character onto it with an INJ pose, it asks for the Deltas.  Same thing happens if I try to load the head and body morphs onto a new, empthy M3. Those deltas should be there in that folder, shouldn't they?  It was so long ago I might have archived them.  Think I should try downloading the M3 morphs again?

The !DAZ folder does have the "DZCreateExPFiles-M4" file and I ran it.  I tried loading the Brock character with an INJ pose and it looks like it worked!  I remember buying the Morph++ package but I could never get it to load because I could never get the the initialization to work.  Since it looks like that worked, think I should try installing them again?

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 5:39 PM

Since you ran the DZCreateExPFiles-M4, you just DID that install! No need to install again.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 5:53 PM

What install are you referring to?  There are only basic morphs on the M4 figure right now.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 6:43 PM

Try redownloading and reinstalling the M3 morphs.  Under !DAZ>Michael 3 folder, there should be two additional folders entitled Body and Head.  They contain the ChanVis and Deltas folders which, in turn, contain all morph associated files.

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 6:55 PM

I will do that.  Obviously I had it right at one time if I made that copy of M3 with all the morphs and saved it.  But after that, I must have moved them or archived them.  Now that I think of it, I think I did do that long ago.

Thanks for your patience.  Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 2:06 PM

Okay, downloaded and reinstalled the M3 morphs.  That created the head and body folders in the !DAZ folder.  I then took a blank M3 and was able to load all the head and body morphs.  The only strange thing is that while doing so, it asked for the delta to remove the eye wince R dial and when I went to look for it in the new folder with all the other deltas, that one was missing.  There's one to inject and remove the left eye wince but just one to inj the right one.  Strange.

I then tried to inject Jepe's Lionel character into the new M3 and it started asking for deltas that did not exist in the M3 folder.  I then saw that it was asking for deltas from David's folder, but there is no David folder in the !DAZ folder.  So I downloaded and reinstalled David.  I tried again but the same thing happened.  I noticed that the reinstall of David did not create a David folder in the !DAZ folder.  Should there be?

Was there a separate David face and body morph package?  Do I need to do something else so the Lionel character injection can find all the deltas it needs?

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 6:26 PM

Yes, there is a David folder created when installing both Head and Body morph packages, the same that all files should be available for both Head and Body morphs for M3.  It is strange that some files are missing. 

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 9:41 PM

Found the David head and body morphs among all the stuff I've purchased and reinstalled them.  Now there is a David folder in the !DAZ folder.  I then tried injecting the Lionel character into my new M3 character and it worked!

I also reinstalled and tried loading all the M4++ onto M4 and it worked!  A couple of years ago I couldn't get it to initalize.  I was even working with support at DAZ and they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't initialize.  But it's ok now.

Thanks much for your patience.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.