Wed, Sep 18, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Teen Josie 6? MAKE IT STOP!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:02 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 5:00 AM

My lord, people, how many female meshes do you possible need? I thought Genesis was supposed to elminate the need for these single-serving hoochie-mamas, but apparently not so. So it's yet another in a never-ending series of V6 and Dawn and now this and (as I understand it) Aiko 6... 

(And yes, I am aware the Dawn is not a DAZ product. Moving on to the point:)

Truly, this is getting absurd. I honestly can understand why it seems most of the merchant development has stopped with V4. These flavour-of-the-month, "let's see how much we can make them look like Ninth Avenue hookers!" characters are coming just a little too fast and furious for any sane person to keep up, let alone financially support.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:04 PM · edited Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:09 PM

She is a shape for Genesis2 Female Base Mesh, not a stand alone figure. So I do not see what the problem is? It is no different than a character released for V4, which happens almost everyday. Only difference here is that she is an official shape released from Daz, and not by a vendor.

My Renderosity Store

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:09 PM

And apparently she requires all her own set of "stuff", which is no small expenditure.

I'm sorry, but it really is getting insane.

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:13 PM · edited Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:24 PM

No she doesnt. She can wear v4 clothing as well as Genesis1 clothing. The items released for her are just part of her promotion but can be used on all Genesis shapes. That is what the Genesis system is about. Eg Josie can easily wear V6 or V5 clothing and Vice Versa. Same with texture sets. You can just get the figure shape and use your existing content. You are not forced to buy her clothing.

My Renderosity Store

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 9:45 PM

She's cute, but I'm sticking with Genesis 1 for the time being until DSON in Poser is vastly improved, or DAS releases cr2 versions.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 6:07 AM · edited Wed, 16 October 2013 at 6:07 AM

Quote - And apparently she requires all her own set of "stuff", which is no small expenditure.

I'm sorry, but it really is getting insane.

No ... and in that light it might me handy to first READ some info before the bashing starts ..

but your are right the bashing is getting insane ,and from the same ol'  same all the time ..

HERE are my FREEBEE's

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 8:21 AM

Whether she can wear anythig else or not is, in the larger picture, irrelevant. You got thirty bucks to throw at something that's just another morph? Go for it. Have a great time. But the non-stop parade of "hot women" in slutwear is just getting ridiculous. Is this all Poser or DS has to offer now? The occasional freakish male interpersed with yet more "sexy" this and "sexy" that? It was bad enough five years ago. Now it's almost downright embarrassing to go to the stores these days because we cant emphasize them boobs and butts enough. And apparently DAZ cant even release a teen figure like this without putting her in a micro bikini and a thong.

Dont any of you ever get tired of it?

Wow. Colour me really, really impressed, folks.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 8:26 AM

If I don't like it, I don't buy it.  Folks vote with their wallets...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 9:12 AM

i feel pretty immune to teenage girls.  is it the law of supply and demand working here?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 9:13 AM

"....the non-stop parade of "hot women" in slutwear is just getting ridiculous. Is this all Poser or DS has to offer now? The occasional freakish male interpersed with yet more "sexy" this and "sexy".......

DAZ cant even release a teen figure like this without putting her in a micro bikini and a thong.

Dont any of you ever get tired of it?...

Tired of what??

The Obvious &Well documented nature of the Daz/poser Content Market or..

reading the same predictable Forum rants about it that we have been reading since around the turn of the century??.

My website

YouTube Channel

Zev0 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 9:34 AM · edited Wed, 16 October 2013 at 9:38 AM

I think they put characters in a bikini or underwear so people can see the full figure shape and texture as much as possibe. Think less will buy a figure if it is covered up. And since they not do nude promo's, makes perfect sense having her in a bikini. Also if you look at the promos, it suggests nothing wrong. Theres no promos showing ass in your face or anything that is sexually suggested. And the description says she is mid to older teen, unlike the young teens 5. But end of the day it is all a matter of opinion.

My Renderosity Store

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 9:41 AM

Quote: "Dont any of you ever get tired of it?" Honestly? No 😊

Zev0 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quote - Quote: "Dont any of you ever get tired of it?" Honestly? No 😊

Lol seconded:)

My Renderosity Store

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 4:22 PM · edited Wed, 16 October 2013 at 4:23 PM

This has gone far enough. Personal attack deleted. Locking thread.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.