Thu, Sep 19, 8:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: well what do you think of vue 12?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 6:46 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 2:14 AM

I thought the forum here would be buzzing.

Okay maybe you are like me and still downloading.  I'm away from home for a couple of days.  but I will be checking here.

Let me know if there is a better poser sdk and if genesis now imports okay too from poser.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 8:04 PM · edited Wed, 06 November 2013 at 8:06 PM

Quote - I thought the forum here would be buzzing.

Okay maybe you are like me and still downloading.  I'm away from home for a couple of days.  but I will be checking here.

Let me know if there is a better poser sdk and if genesis now imports okay too from poser.

Love esther

I have it downloaded and installed. Had a little time to explore. There is a new Poser SDK (October 2013). However, there is no difference in the way Genesis is handled to previous versions. Not surprising as the Genesis compatability comes from the DSON importer plugin and not from the Poser native SDK. So unless DAZ finds a way via the plugin or Smith Micro decides to implement the Genesis import properly natively I do not see that this will change or is within e-on's power to change.

This Vue release is another nice maintenance release that has many subtle updates but no big ticket items. The function editor is now following the Plant Factory model which I quite like.

You can now set the sun by giving a position on an earth map and set the time of day. Quite neat.

There is a new color mode that uses "natural grain", basically a simple way to avoid plain coilored surfaces. The eco systems seem to behave better and faster and there is new control for"clumping". Useful.

Interaction with TPF is also improved.

Now I need to go back and play some more.

Ciao

TD

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 8:15 PM

tnks!  Have fun.

show us a render.

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 9:08 PM · edited Wed, 06 November 2013 at 9:10 PM

file_499306.jpg

Here is a quick test render using eco system clumping and the photometric atmosphere set to 3 pm on January 1st 2014 in northern California. Tne mapping with the Reinhard Exposure filter (1/1000 s f8, 100 ISO).

Ciao

TD

blaineak ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 1:52 AM

The new physically accurate lighting model would be the main improvement. That and the exposure filters.

I've only done a couple of tests but the results are wonderful. The first thing that made me smile was seeing a realistic looking skyline against a water plane. Just place the sun and render.

Plants from Plant Factory still slow things down dramatically. I'm not sure I see all that much improvement there.

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 3:38 AM · edited Thu, 07 November 2013 at 3:41 AM

I've noticed this.... NEW! Ultra-realistic SolidGrowth vegetation: 175+ species. Can someone perhaps render a few of these new ultra-reaslistic trees? I'm very curious about those and how many new items of vegation there really are. Are they really so much better then the previous ones?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 7:23 AM

Quote - I've noticed this.... NEW! Ultra-realistic SolidGrowth vegetation: 175+ species. Can someone perhaps render a few of these new ultra-reaslistic trees? I'm very curious about those and how many new items of vegation there really are. Are they really so much better then the previous ones?

Hmm, where did you see that? I don't see it listed in the new features and as far as I can tell there are no differeces with respect to the old plants. Would surprise me if they changed anything there now that they have TPF. Is that statement somewhere on their website or email?

TD

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 7:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_2014_infinite/?page=2

It's in the feature list, under vegetation. If you can't see any difference, then how new is it? Perhaps there are a few new trees only?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 8:40 AM · edited Thu, 07 November 2013 at 8:42 AM

Quote - It's in the feature list, under vegetation. If you can't see any difference, then how new is it? Perhaps there are a few new trees only?

Ah, I did not see that. My guess is, that it is a typo. I have compared the files from 11 and 2014 and all .veg files I checked were identical to the byte. I did not see any new files. It also is not mentioned in any of the promo emails or in the web desrciption of NEW stuff. 175 new plants would be a big deal, I am sure they would not hide that in a list.

Except for the word "New" the statement is identical to what was said in version 11,10,9 as far as I remember. Solid Growth is now legacy tech with TPF being the new main format for plants. I would not expect any significant developments in that area.

I keep digging and will let you now if I stumble upon anything interesting or new.

Ciao

TD

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 8:50 AM

Cool, thanks! It would be a major selling point for me, but I guess it's not that way.

Food for thought.....

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 9:12 AM

Does anyone know if there are any additional items included in  the "Extras" disk?

martial ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 3:43 PM

Allo

I have tried to download the extra stuff  3 times without success (stop before finish)

Any things news in this extra zip ? I have all the extra content from older versions

I can import Poser pro 2014 files without problem

thanks

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 3:50 PM

I was able to download the Extras file, but then when I go to unzip it, I get an error message that "this is not a valid zip file."

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 6:18 PM

I downloaded the extra yesterday evening and it did unzip. I have not installed anything yet.

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 6:58 PM

So far the only new things I found are two scenes from Quadspinner that illustrate the new photometric lighting.

TD

impish ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2013 at 7:00 AM

I only had time/energy after downloading last night to have a quick play but the new atmospheres seem to be really pretty.  I think clumping looks like it could be really handy for quickly making more realistic looking distributions of plants, rocks etc too.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2013 at 9:48 PM

sadly on mac it doesn't open in mavericks.  I saw others in the maintenance forum with the same issue. it just won't launch so I can't play.

Boooooo

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 5:45 AM

Just wondering... with the current light systems, you have the global lighting adjustments in the atmosphere editor. This way you blend sunlight with ambient light and so on. Can you do the same with the new photometric lights? Does anyone have a screenshot of those where you can change settings?

Food for thought.....

thd777 ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 7:29 AM · edited Sat, 09 November 2013 at 7:30 AM

Quote - Just wondering... with the current light systems, you have the global lighting adjustments in the atmosphere editor. This way you blend sunlight with ambient light and so on. Can you do the same with the new photometric lights? Does anyone have a screenshot of those where you can change settings?

If you use the "Photometric Spectral" model those adjustments (light intensity, balance, skylight, colour, gain)  are not available (greyed out). Otherwise the editor is unchanged. On the sun panel you have the additional options to set real world sun position coordinates and time (that is available for all lighting models). There is a checkbox to allow override photometric settings which then allows one to adjust these.

Ciao

TD

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 7:38 AM

Thanks!

Quote - There is a checkbox to allow override photometric settings which then allows one to adjust these.

Just to get it clear, if you use this checkbox what can you adjust?

Food for thought.....

thd777 ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 7:43 AM

Quote - Thanks!

Quote - There is a checkbox to allow override photometric settings which then allows one to adjust these.

Just to get it clear, if you use this checkbox what can you adjust?

Correct. With the box checked you can adust the parameters that are previously greyed out.

TD

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 7:44 AM

wish the mac version would launch.  Has anyone got it working yet on mac with mavericks?

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 6:13 PM

okay got a new download from e-oon with a fix in it for macs, and now is working.

getting a message saying yoru configuration is flagged as being incompatible with the background draw thread: vue will now restart without this option.

Is that a bad thing do you think?

norm1153 ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2013 at 1:56 AM

I'm still waiting my Vue email w/serial and download links.  My Maintenance Paln even has over a year to go.  I posted to the support site, so we'll see.  I did get the email announcement.

Anyway, I'm envious of you guys!  Good luck!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2013 at 4:26 AM

oh that isn't good.

I hope you get it soon.

but don't worry - I still managed to crash it within 10mins just by navigating in some of the content menus.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2013 at 10:21 AM

Norm1153

this might be redundant to what you have done so far. But check your spam. Things go in mine that sshouldn't . Sometimes stuff from the same place with the same type headings gI in nd sometimes they don't. Eon has mentioned this audio.

norm1153 ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2013 at 12:43 AM

Yeah, I thought of the spam thing, but didn't find it, UNfortunately.  Funny though, because I got the announcement email.  That one mentioned that download link/serials would be in a separate email.  Oh well!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.