Sun, Oct 6, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Morphs?

jbearnolimits ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 9:41 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:23 AM

I am using poser 6 as well as wings3d. I would like to be able to model the jessi figure to match a photo but I seem to be having problems with it. I find the face room to be less than ideal to do this so I thought about using wings3d to shape the figure. It is very simple what I want to do. I am trying to move the lips closer to the nose and further from the chin.

Is there a simpler way to do this? I just seem to be having problems with this.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 10:50 PM

Try using the morphing tool built in to Poser

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 12:12 AM

Here is the method I use to make morphs in Blender.

Zero the figure

Select the head

File - Export obj file - select only the head in the hierarcy. Export with all options off - no boxes ticked.

Import the obj file into your modeller, doing whatever you need to do to keep the vertex order unchanged (I don't know Wings, someone else may have more knowledge).

Make your changes until you are happy with the shape. Do not delete or add any vertices - only move them. In Blender I use sculpt mode to do this.

Export from Wings as an obj file, again making sure you keep the vertex order unchanged (This is extremely important. If you mess up the vertex order the head will explode when you apply the morph). There must also not be any translation or scaling changes.

In Poser, load the figure again and select the head. In the object menu, select "Load morph target". Browse to the object file you saved from Wings and select it. If you get an error message here, you have changed the number of vertices and it won't work. If you get no error message, the export from your modelling program was correct. A new dial will appear in the head actor, dial in your new morph.

Good luck - this is tricky at first, but it is fun.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

jbearnolimits ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 8:10 AM

Thanks, I probably didn't explain myself very well. I know how to export the obj and all of that. Also the morph tool in poser does not have the option I am looking for.

I guess what I was trying to say is that there are A LOT of vertices that have to be selected in blender or wings3d. It just seems way too time consuming. There has to be a better way right?

jbearnolimits ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 9:35 AM · edited Thu, 07 November 2013 at 9:45 AM

Just found a tutorial on morphing by Dr. Geep. It helped. If anyone wants to know where it is just google dr geep morph wings3d.

EDIT: I actually just tried it out. It worked but I have a problem. I loaded the morph target to the head. Then I set the dial to 1. It moved the lips up as I wanted. BUT it moved the whole head up along a y axis as well and stretched the neck. I made no change to these things in wings. Help???

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2013 at 8:44 AM · edited Sun, 10 November 2013 at 8:45 AM

Quote - it moved the whole head up along a y axis as well and stretched the neck

I'm guessing that you exported the head as an obj from within Poser. If you did not use the "As Morph Target" option when exporting the head, then the absolute position of the head will have been recorded in the obj file. That is the most likely cause of your problem.

ianr ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2013 at 1:53 PM

In situations like this you may want to try using a magnet with the zone set around the lip area. One advantage to this is that you can include the teeth etc. so you dont get any unpleasant suprises when she cracks a smile :biggrin:

ianr

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.