Thu, Sep 19, 9:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: How to convert PZ2 Poser file motions from one character to another?

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 6:36 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:23 AM

I have many files poser motions (bought from shops), for: M4, M3, V4,
V3, and I wanted to convert this toon characters, as for characters
Nursoda (hein, hartmut, D. pitterbill, mavka etc.)
I ask: Is there a script for sale somewhere, able to do these
conversions at a few clicks of the mouse?
Or is there a trick to do this?

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 7:49 AM

You could try applying the Universal Pose option instead of the original pose.  I'm speaking from a Poser Pro 2014 standpoint, as I don't know which version of Poser you are using.

Eternal Hobbyist

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 7:53 AM

Recent versions of Poser have a Universal Pose mechanism that is supposed to make such conversions semi-automatically.  But it requires a Data file for each destination figure.  

I don't think there are any of these .DAT files for the Nursoda figures.  I don't see them in the "Repose" folder in my own Poser setup, and Google doesn't seem to find any online. 

Most Nursoda figures have non-standard parts, so the Universal posing probably wouldn't work very well even with a DAT file. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 8:24 AM · edited Wed, 08 January 2014 at 8:25 AM

My understanding is that Poser's Universal Pose feature was based on Puppet Master. The original tutorial showing how new figures may be set up is still available on line at:

http://www.philc.net/PMBsetupTutorial.htm

I can not vouch for its current relevance, plus you would need the Puppet Master script.

I recently wrote a pair of scripts to attempt to convert V4 poses to Dawn. The method was:-

Apply pose to V4.
Apply pose to Dawn.
Manually adjust Dawn to better mimic V4
Run analysis script to make a note of the rotational differences in each body part.
Apply that data to the second repose script.

Thereafter apply V4 pose to Dawn and run the repose script.

It did not take into account any scaling but it worked well enough.

To make it "universal" one would want to reference poses back to a common figure then onto the desired figure. I think Poser uses the James figure, PM may have used the P4 female. Please do not take this as Gospel, it is just my best understanding.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 9:41 AM

Unfortuantely Puppet Master doesn't run in Poser 9 or higher due to the python version.  Steve Cooper was looking into releasing it as open-source, but never did to my knowledge...

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?65370-Puppet-Master-Bniped-and-Poser-9-Pro-2012

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 10:29 AM

Well I´m using Poser pro 2012...

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 10:51 AM
Online Now!

The major problem with the Universal Pose script is once you create a set of converted poses, applying it undoes any prior morphs applied to the model.  You would have better luck injecting the pose directly from the Library with the double check icon at the bottom.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 1:32 PM

Quote - The major problem with the Universal Pose script is once you create a set of converted poses, applying it undoes any prior morphs applied to the model.  You would have better luck injecting the pose directly from the Library with the double check icon at the bottom.

So this can be a problem, because the characters will also receive facial mocap, a kinect sensor + Proface brekel

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 5:55 PM

I have not had my morphed figures affected by universal poses.  Strange. 

Eternal Hobbyist

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 7:34 PM · edited Wed, 08 January 2014 at 7:34 PM
Online Now!

This happens with the Poser Script to create batch universal poses from a particular model.  Individual poses are not subject to this problem.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2014 at 1:57 PM

Well .. Anyone here knows about Ikinema webanimate? http://ikinema.com/webanimate/index.php?keyword=truebones # signup
Why today I had a light in my mind:
"If I catch all the files motions of M3, M4, V3, V4, which are in the format (. PZ2) and export them to a folder of my choice, but exports them in BVH format
So I can use Ikinema webanimate for a ... Conversion ...?
I could retarget the bvh for toons characters
I have Ikinema webanimate not, and I was thrilled with the professional annual plan ""
I think this is just a few clicks to retarget ... Or am I wrong?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.