Sat, Oct 5, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Rendering separate objects on separate layers

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2014 at 4:41 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Am slowly getting to grips with Vue Infinite 10 and have a rendering question.

Am currently working on a large scene containing 8 Poser figures. I'd like to render each figure on a separate layer to make it easier composite it later in Photoshop (to adjust colour, etc.). However, when I select a particular layer to render, it renders the whole figure and doesn't take in to account objects that may be in front of the figure (i.e.hiding parts of it). 

I need to be able to render just the parts of a figure/object that are visible and not the whole object. Am I missing something very simple or do I need to get into the world of masks, etc. ?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2014 at 3:37 AM

The way I've been doing it is to hide everything but one object and render a scene and save as a PNG file.  Then hide that object and unhide the next and then render and save as PNG.  I hide all objects to render any background I need.  Then I load the PNG files in separate layers in my photo editor.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.