Tue, Oct 1, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Stop writing to me in site mail - I can't answer

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2014 at 9:37 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

I would normally speak with the utmost dripping sarcasm on an occasion like this. But I'll not, this time.

In simple honest terms:

The new site mail is broken and I cannot reply to messages. No matter what I do, I can't scroll all the CRAP out of the way and reach the SEND button.

I do not know why Renderosity felt they needed to change the program. It was fine, and now it is not fine.

People have been asking me questions for a couple weeks now in site mail and I cannot reply.

So - tell your friends - don't write to me. Make a thread if you want to talk to me.

Ted

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Vaskania ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2014 at 10:00 PM

With your cursor in the message box, hit tab once to 'select' the send button and then hit enter to send it.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2014 at 5:24 AM

And I call myself a computer expert. Gosh.

Thank you Vaskania.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

geep ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2014 at 6:25 AM · edited Sat, 22 February 2014 at 6:27 AM

Hey Ted,

Don't feel bad. Remember ...

*"We are all ignorant. Except on different subjects."
*- Will Rogers

😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Now ... go answer your sitemails. :lol:

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2014 at 12:10 PM

you also have to top-post on those things, but I prefer these forums anyway.

dlm4001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2014 at 12:45 PM

I am not saying this si your problem with site mail.

My site mail did not work after the change over. I was using Windows XP Professional 64 (because I had all of my pipeline setup there and did not want to rebuild.)  I worked with the Rendo IT department and learned that IE 8 was not fully supported. (Java was breaking). 

I had built a second machine for production, (Dual Xeon Windows 7 box).  I tried mail with that and it worked fine. SO, I am migrating all of my applications to the new machine.  IT was over due.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2014 at 2:05 PM

I had the same problem, but today I discovered that right next the the regular scroll bar on the right there's a very thin grey scroll bar that appears when the mouse hovers over it..... it works and gets me to the reply button (finally), but it should be a bit more obvious.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2014 at 6:25 PM

Quote - I had the same problem, but today I discovered that right next the the regular scroll bar on the right there's a very thin grey scroll bar that appears when the mouse hovers over it..... it works and gets me to the reply button (finally), but it should be a bit more obvious.

I tried that trick when I discovered it too. The problem was that the regular scroll bar kept popping up and covering up the smaller one so I couldn't move it.

Hitting the tab key did work, though...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2014 at 6:54 PM

In Win 8, IE 10 that second scroll bar does nothing (for me anyway). That's why I was stuck.

Also scroll wheel doesn't work on the inner scroll group either.

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 6:33 AM

Quote - I had the same problem, but today I discovered that right next the the regular scroll bar on the right there's a very thin grey scroll bar that appears when the mouse hovers over it..... it works and gets me to the reply button (finally), but it should be a bit more obvious.

r  yesI had the same problem. You can't see it

Vaskania ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 6:36 PM

Quote - And I call myself a computer expert. Gosh.

Thank you Vaskania.

Np. 

I'm not fond of the new messages layout myself. It's much bigger than it needs to be. The scrolling issue wouldn't be as bad if that massive light-grey div up there ^^^ didn't exist (just rework it, merge it in with the top dark div and call it a day).

-----sig-----

mamba-negra ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2014 at 11:27 PM

Hm, either they have fixed this already, or it works great on Chrome. I see a reply button no matter how skinny my browser window is. 

Vaskania ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 1:40 AM

Quote - Hm, either they have fixed this already, or it works great on Chrome. I see a reply button no matter how skinny my browser window is. 

The reply button isn't the problem. The send button is.

-----sig-----

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 6:30 AM · edited Fri, 28 February 2014 at 6:32 AM

Quote - Hm, either they have fixed this already, or it works great on Chrome. I see a reply button no matter how skinny my browser window is. 

It is strictly an IE problem and it's not fixed. However, I've decided after testing that it doesn't affect my development work to try Chrome as my default browser. There are some things I don't like about it, and it crashes when I'm in a Google hangout for work meetings, (who'd have thought a Google app would crash a Google browser) but I'll give it a shot.

As for how skinny your browser is, that has nothing to do with it. It's that the inner scrolling region is controlled by a custom goofy inner scroll bar. On IE, the custom goofy inner scroll bar code is broken. It half influences the outer scroll bar (for the whole page) and does not move the inner div at all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.