Mon, Oct 21, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: My freestuff promo image isn't used

MarianneR ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 1:31 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

I just uploaded an item "Casual set for Miki4" to the free stuff here. I included two images, one is 300 x 350 px and the other one is 993 x 887 pixels. My problem is that the small picture is used both in the "What's new" list and on the page for the product. Why is that? I see that most products have a large image on the details page.

The same thing happened with my "Ben Fauntleroy" item uploaded about three weeks ago.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 7:11 AM · edited Mon, 19 May 2014 at 7:12 AM

Read the upload instructions again. I think your large image is TOO large. Largest side should be 800px or less as I recall or something similar :)

Laurie

MarianneR ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 10:37 AM

The instructions say:

"Promo Images require a minimum width of 800px or maximum width of 1200px, if not within range images will be proportionally scaled. Supported formats include .jpg.png,.gif. "

so I believe that my image should be ok. 

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 1:50 PM

Make sure you save your images using the "Save for Web" option if your photo editor has that option. Many times is not the width/height its the actual size.

If that doesn't work please let me know!

MarianneR ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 2:17 PM

What is the maximum size in kB for the promo image? This last image that failed is 352 kB. Is that too big?

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 2:23 PM

Under 500 should be fine. Can you please send your images to me at kimberlyc@renderosity.com and I'll see what I can find out?

:)

MarianneR ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2014 at 2:34 PM

Thank you! Done!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2014 at 5:08 PM

You should be all good now. Please let me know if you have any further problems with uploading an image. :)

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2014 at 1:09 AM

Thank you very much! I am using Safari 5.1 on a Mac to upload. Is there any problem with that or is it something else?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.