Wed, Sep 18, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Ongoing challenge at Daz

philemot ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 11:29 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 8:49 AM

Hi to all.

It's my first post here, but after lurking a little, I feel as I already know most of the posters here. I'm also pleased to find ManStan here.

So, as you may know (or not), there is a Carrara monthly challenge held in the Daz Forum.

Not sure if I'm supposed (allowed) to add a link to Daz forum, so I'll suppose everybody knows how to find it :-).

This month theme is “Past hopes and present nostalgia” and is sponsored by HowieFarkes.  There is almost two weeks before submission end, so there is still time to try for an entry.

If you cannot (or don't wish) log in Daz Forum, I can act as a relay, either for posting WIP, submission or vote.

Philemo

booksbydavid ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 8:19 PM

Thanks for the post.

I participated in the first challenge. It was fun. Been pretty busy since. If inspiration strikes, I might give this one a go.

The WIP thread has a lot of interesting things going on.

The final results should be interesting.

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:30 AM

Greetings Philemot, yes its a great challenge, I'm amazed more people don't take part , they should have one here as well, booksbydavid is too scared of winning as then he would have to be the host!

yes the trick is not to win :)

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:31 AM

But seriously, it always makes me do things in carara a new way, so I learn something new each time!

booksbydavid ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 11:23 PM

Quote - Greetings Philemot, yes its a great challenge, I'm amazed more people don't take part , they should have one here as well, booksbydavid is too scared of winning as then he would have to be the host!

yes the trick is not to win :)

How'd you know?

headwax. ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 1:10 AM

Just and Aussi Joke! I am sure that, with the quality of your work, you would be up there in high contention as a winner, if not for this one, but in a near future one. That would mean that you would be obliged to do your best to run the next contest as well as you could as the host.

I know that you arevery busy with your other work and that means that, being host, would take time away dfrom that.

Having been host twice myself, and  realising how much time it takes, I have put mysef in your shoes, and decided that, even though you might possibly  be very pleased to win a challenge, it might not be in your best longterm interests. (You being me for the term of my supposition)

Consequently I felt a small joke in this regard might be slightly amusing.

Sorry about that!

philemot ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:16 AM

Having browsed your gallery, I do agree with Headwax about the quality of your work.

I also agree with the fact that hosting a challenge is a very time consumming occupation, one that is not very compatible with a peak of workload (as I have now).

Neverheless, it's quite enticing, even if I can't spend as much time as I would like on the matter.

headwax. ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:32 AM

You're doing a grande job :)

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 7:17 AM

DAZ wont let me play

headwax. ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 8:28 AM

That.s because you tell the truth ;)

booksbydavid ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 10:59 AM · edited Fri, 27 June 2014 at 11:00 AM

Quote - Just and Aussi Joke! I am sure that, with the quality of your work, you would be up there in high contention as a winner, if not for this one, but in a near future one. That would mean that you would be obliged to do your best to run the next contest as well as you could as the host.

I know that you arevery busy with your other work and that means that, being host, would take time away dfrom that.

Having been host twice myself, and  realising how much time it takes, I have put mysef in your shoes, and decided that, even though you might possibly  be very pleased to win a challenge, it might not be in your best longterm interests. (You being me for the term of my supposition)

Consequently I felt a small joke in this regard might be slightly amusing.

Sorry about that!

No, no. don't apologize. I definitely got the joke (even though it was from Down Under). I may be slow, but I'm not that slow.

I stand amused. :)

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 7:40 AM

But we're you sitting when you typed that?

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:22 AM

Quote - But we're you sitting when you typed that?

In the interest of security, I'm not allowed to say. Besides, if I told you, I'd have to render you in wireframe and then manipulate you in 2D. It wouldn't be pleasant.

:)

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 6:49 AM

Tron?

booksbydavid ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:08 PM

Heh, heh. Tron. That would work.

headwax. ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:18 PM

file_505405.jpg

how about 'monkey boy' ?

booksbydavid ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:20 PM

Ooooo!

Cool!

headwax. ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:44 PM

booksbydavid ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 2:42 PM

Nice recreating. :)

...now, get back to work.

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 4:48 PM · edited Tue, 01 July 2014 at 4:54 PM

Hnv upload from ipad not working ! Bummer 

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 5:18 PM

file_505433.jpg

this is my work ... as a secret agent

booksbydavid ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 9:43 PM

Ah, you're agent 00freshscent I suppose.

The agency probably doesn't let you carry a gun, but that's just sour grapes on their part.

At least you're not a limey. Heh, heh.

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 9:58 PM

Quote - Ah, you're agent 00freshscent I suppose.

The agency probably doesn't let you carry a gun, but that's just sour grapes on their part.

At least you're not a limey. Heh, heh.

heh, that's very funny :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.