Thu, Sep 19, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Urgent! AJ Medical Bay Light/Render Settings

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 9:52 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 3:27 PM

Help! Any one know what the light settings are in the bottom two promo images for this product. Hopefully someone who uses the product. I'm trying to get something similar but not having any luck 'spinning dials'. I'm using Poser 10. Thanks.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 11:35 AM

Have you contacted the vendor of the product yet? If not, then do so... ;) If so, then contact the vendor here online thru the PM system.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 3:08 PM

The vendor specifies using IBL for for illuminating the set, but does not go into any further details.  As ThunderStone suggested, perhaps contacting AppleJack directly about suggested lighting strategies.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 3:38 PM
Online Now!

Quote - The vendor specifies using IBL for for illuminating the set, but does not go into any further details.  As ThunderStone suggested, perhaps contacting AppleJack directly about suggested lighting strategies.

Yep, there are no lights supplied with the product just a note in the documentation which suggests using IBL.  It is a great product, in my view, but you have to arrange your own lighting.

When I have used the bay in the past I have played with the materials to make the light units glow and also the warning lights on the scanner unit, and then used IBL.  In one case I used IBL and one spot but that was to provide an moody atmosphere portraying the early hours in a hospital.  Both are in my gallery if you want to see how they turned out.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 5:20 PM · edited Sat, 19 July 2014 at 5:21 PM

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Did mess around with the lights and materials for a bit but don't have the time i may need to get it 'right'. We decided to go with a different med bay. I do like the set, perhaps I can use with another project. Again, thanks for the help and suggestions.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.