Sun, Oct 6, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is there a wacro to re-space MatRoom nodes in P10 and Pro14?

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 2:50 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:40 AM

With Poser's new ability to rename shader nodes, the node sizes have changed.  As a result, an older shader will, when loaded into current versions of Poser, have nodes which are overlapped or bunched up together when they were formerly well-spaced and organized.  I'm spending a lot of time pulling nodes into new positions so I can make sense of existing shaders, and I'm just silly enough that it gets me down after a while.  :lol:

Does anyone have or know of a wacro that can correct this node spacing?  I can swing Poser Python pretty well in some areas, but my efforts with wacro scripting have not gone well so far.  :unsure:  If such a script doesn't exist, Poserdom could surely use one.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 2:56 AM

I might be wrong here but I think that Snarlygribbly made one.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 3:55 AM

It's one of the features of EZMat ...

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 4:32 AM

Has EZMat been released?  I haven't checked the thread recently.  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 4:41 AM

Yeah, a free version is available :-)

parrotdolphin ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 11:11 AM

Can you do a whole bunch of shaders at once?

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 11:12 AM

Quote - Yeah, a free version is available :-)

Great to see you back and well!!!!

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote - Can you do a whole bunch of shaders at once?

No, but there is a reason for that.

The EZMat approach is a little different to that of other scripts which align nodes: it does not simply place everything into a 'grid' of nodes (which to me is no more useful than the original mess) but rather tries to lay everything out in the way you intended it to be when designing the shader.

So, collapsed nodes remain collapsed and expanded nodes remain expanded. Groups of nodes stay grouped, etc. It uses a little bit of artificial intelligence to work out what layout you were going for and, as with any artificial intelligence, it can sometimes get things a little wrong. EZMat needs you to review the new layout and perhaps run it again to 'tweak' it. In my own tests I have rarely needed to run it more than twice, which still makes it much quicker than realigninig all the nodes by hand.

This need for some human input makes it unsuitable for the mass processing of multiple shaders.

Cheers,
Snarly

parrotdolphin ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 1:09 PM

Thanks Snarly. That makes sense.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.