Tue, Oct 22, 10:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Importing

sheedee3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 12:47 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:36 AM

file_506259.jpg

Hello

I am trying  to import/load an object into VueXStream 2014 from this website:

http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/vehicles

It is one of these free car models.  So after i unzip the file to my hard drive...i go into Vue...file/Load...or import...i navigate to where i extracted the file...and then i load the .obj file or the .3ds file...but i get this message and the car loads with no texture...or very strange looking...blank?...

Is it me...or is there something wrong some where?...am i importing things the wrong way?...i thaught that almost all file formats could be loaded into Vue...i am confused.

I am obviously a newbie...so please be understanding!...

Help would be greatly appreciated!...

Thx for stopping by!...

sheedee3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 12:50 AM

file_506260.jpg

This is the other screenshot.

forester ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 12:27 PM

Try to obtain the model you wish in *.obj file format, rather than in the *.3ds format shown in your screen above.

Make sure you are "importing" the model, rather than "loading" it.

Make sure that the associated texture files are located within the same directory as the model. (Texture files and the *.obj model must be together in the same directory.)

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 12:48 PM

and make sure transparency isn't set to 100% which happens sometimes (I get it with exports from 3DS MAX sometimes)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:01 PM

Free models need to be edited first before importing into Vue. Thus the free part.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.