Sun, Oct 6, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Can anyone explain how I can edit my #$^%$&^ sigline?

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 2:39 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:12 PM

file_506274.jpg

My Renderosity Signature line includes some outdated html links which need to be updated to avoid confusion.  Renderosity is fighting my every effort to edit the sigline, however.  On my first attempt, I simply replaced the old URLs with the new, but 'Rosity gave me the attached warning.  I was not made aware of a 1000 character limit before beginning the edit.  My current signature apparently exceeds this limit, but 'Rosity does not care.  Rosity provides me no tools to assist in counting how many characters my sigline is, as I try to prepare it.  Rosity will not let me copy the signature data as I prepare it, because I am using Mozilla.  Unable to copy the information, I can't paste it into any application that might allow me to count the characters.  I am flying blind, here.

So I hit my 'back' button and started editing again. I had to redo some, but not all of my work, strangely.  This time I removed half of the URL listings, which were links to pretty stale stuff anyway.  Finishing the editing process, I end up in a stupid loop, with Rosity sending me back to the edit page every time I click "Save Changes".  THE CHANGES ARE NOT BEING SAVED.  I am being sent back to the same edit page I reached upon hitting my 'back' button, where some but not all of my desired sigline modifications still need to be recreated.

COME ON, 'ROSITY.  What is this nonsense?  You can do better than this.  Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm seeking some helpful human being among my forum friends who can hopefully help guide me through what is (surprisingly) a rather arduous and messy process.  Can anyone assist?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 2:47 PM

No, no... wait a second.  Something was saved.  The basic changes were saved, but I was never permitted to enter the URL for the TDMT link in my signature.  It currently duplicates the Mister Looper link.  So we're... sort of halfway to... somewhere.  Renderosity, you would not allow me to fully edit the signature.  Why do you hate me?  I try to be nice and helpful, and I don't really badmouth you or misbehave most of the time.  I mean, I have my moments, but so do we all.  Is that any reason to make me wish a website had a nose, so I could give it a nice punch?  It's not fair.  I don't need these violent revenge fantasy type thoughts bopping around in my noggin.  They distract from more important stuff.  Your forum signature update process is put together sideways and backwards and is total rubbish, really.  It would be nice if things like this got fixed.  I mean, I'm not just a forum guy.  I've bought things from your store, right?  It's a nice enough store, and if I had more money to throw at it, I might shop there more.  So we're buddies, right, Renderosity?  You an' me, we go way back.  Let's us be nice to one another, and stuff.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 11:07 AM · edited Sun, 03 August 2014 at 11:07 AM

br doesn't work in sigs.  pet peeve  lol

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 2:32 PM

Not only have you bought stuff-you've made awesome Python scripts. I hope someone can help you!

Quote - No, no... wait a second.  Something was saved.  The basic changes were saved, but I was never permitted to enter the URL for the TDMT link in my signature.  It currently duplicates the Mister Looper link.  So we're... sort of halfway to... somewhere.  Renderosity, you would not allow me to fully edit the signature.  Why do you hate me?  I try to be nice and helpful, and I don't really badmouth you or misbehave most of the time.  I mean, I have my moments, but so do we all.  Is that any reason to make me wish a website had a nose, so I could give it a nice punch?  It's not fair.  I don't need these violent revenge fantasy type thoughts bopping around in my noggin.  They distract from more important stuff.  Your forum signature update process is put together sideways and backwards and is total rubbish, really.  It would be nice if things like this got fixed.  I mean, I'm not just a forum guy.  I've bought things from your store, right?  It's a nice enough store, and if I had more money to throw at it, I might shop there more.  So we're buddies, right, Renderosity?  You an' me, we go way back.  Let's us be nice to one another, and stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.