Sun, Oct 6, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Do we have a way to modify all translation and scale dial sensitivities?

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 4:05 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 4:53 PM

In trying to work with magnets, I'm finding Poser's default translation and scale dial sensitivity settings impossible.  I'm having to manually reduce these from 1.0 to 0.5 intensity for trans and 0.004 to 0.001 for scale, to be get workable settings.  That's up to seven modifications per magnet zone and/or magnet.  I'm wondering if Poser's default sensitivities changed at some point, because magnets seem harder to use recently than in the past.  Maybe that's just me.  :unsure:

Do we have any existing way to modify default sensitivity levels?  I thought we had some function like this, but I can't find it.  I'll write some kind of Python tool for this, if I have to, but I was hoping we already had this feature buried somewhere.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 5:17 PM

Double click on the name of the dial and you should be presented with an option window where you can set limits, input values or alter sensitivity.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 5:37 PM

Can we change the default settings, or modify all of the dials in a scene in one go?  I thought we had broader capabilities, in this respect.  I might have imagined it.  The defaults on magnets make it hard to work with them on close detail, and re-setting each dial individually is a drag.  I would be pleased if I could make all of my translation dials more sensitive.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 5:57 PM

Not to my knowledge. I think the only thing that can be globally affected is the crease angle. I may be wrong - I don't usually mess with that stuff - but that's what I recall.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 6:16 PM

Thanks, Teyon.  I guess I imagined it.  Bummer.  I'll have to write a Python script for this.

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 6:34 PM

Snarlys Scenefixer can set the limits of multiple dials in one go. 

You can select props, figures, scene or individual dials

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2014 at 6:38 PM

That should do the trick, then!  Thanks, wimvdb!  :laugh:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.