Mon, Sep 9, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Is V4's IK hard coded into the figure???

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 9:44 AM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 8:16 AM

Hi ,in the past I only used a basic uninjected/Default DAZ V4 for my animated pose file product testing.

I recently began using  a full V4 (with morphs++)
in some animation projects.
I have noticed that the old trick of resaving V4 back to the library with IK turned off does not seem to work.

the figure reloads with IK turned back on as though it is somehow hard coded into the V4 base CR2.

Not a show stopper as I can simply tick it off before starting to manually create keyframe animation involving the hands& feet.

but has anyone here experienced this??
(poser 6 OSX Daz V4.2)

Thanks

My website

YouTube Channel

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 9:46 AM

As far as I know Poser turns any IK chains in the legs with the correct names on automatically, and V4 has those names. You could try hacking the CR2 to rename the IK chains, I think, or you can turn IK off on loading.

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 10:37 AM

It looks like there's a listing in the poser.ini which controls whether Poser loads figures from the library with leg IK on.

FIG_LIB_FORCE_LEG_IK_ON 0

Mine has been set to zero for the past few Poser versions, and I haven't had any figures loading with IK on during that time.  Note that I've only ever used V4 during the relatively short period of V4~WM development, however.  :unsure:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 11:05 AM

Thank you both!!

My website

YouTube Channel

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 12 August 2014 at 11:29 AM

My poser natives load with IK on. My V4 and M4 load with IK off. I've never had to save them back to the library for that to work.

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 11:55 AM

FWIW: on my system:

Poser 8 V4 loads with IK on

PP2012, PP2014 loads with IK off

all the same cr2, so I assume that Poser changed something between poser 8 and poser 9

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 2:52 PM

It could well have changed - I was remembering from way back.

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 3:12 PM

Just a note: Running Poser Pro 2012 and using CR2 created in earlier versions that somehow forced IK=on saves, I've had to manually edit the CR2 in order to force the IK to be turned off. This didn't happen in all such instances. But, it was annoying enough for some for me to be forced to manually edit the CR2 as PP2012 would not, despite being selected to do so, save without IK=on for a few Cr2s.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.