Wed, Sep 18, 11:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Fixing hair files (and avoiding the problem to begin with)

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2014 at 3:43 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:22 AM

I've been doing a lot of work in the hair room, and am getting pretty happy with the results. But there are still sources of frustration, and I don't mean just the styling tools.

Somehow when I am creating groups at times I have got to a certain point with apparent success, and all of a sudden what was an editable hair group no longer is such, and of course when I try to start over somehow my new hair group is dependent on the nonfunctional one.

I wouldn't mind the resulting messy file so much, but what happens is unpredictable. Hair props getting unparented, not wanting to follow the character pose etc. I'd like to know both how to avoid the problem and how to fix a file that is afflicted by this sort of thing.

Sorry if this explanation isn't very clear.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2014 at 1:30 AM

Meh. I'm better with growing and styling than repairing, so I started over with the two "broken" groups. Just made sure that the skullcap is always the parent. So far, so good....

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.