Thu, Sep 19, 3:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Horses and Horse Riding

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2014 at 1:15 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:32 PM

Hi,

I've been working on a project that requires dragonriders posed on their repsective beasts.  Of course, a lot of research comes from these forums but I found the best source for creating poses and animation in a book I recommend, "BioMechanical Riding and Dressage: A Rider's Atlas".  Last time I checked, it's available on Amazon.

In my humble opinion, that book is an amazing reference.  Below is one of many illustrations in the book.

Example of horse mechanics

I'm passing this along as I hope it benefits the community.

-George

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2014 at 2:28 PM

That does indeed look useful for animators.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2014 at 3:42 PM

It's very useful.  I have a copy from my days on the show circut.  It might help when the dragon is walking on flat ground (dressage is done in a flat arena) but I'm not sure how much help it will be when the dragon is flying.  The wings and their muscle movements might change things a bit but it's a good start.

The more research you do, the better so don't take my comments as negative.  I'd buy them.

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2014 at 6:03 PM

ICP, I agree that it has limited use from the standpoint of flying dragons, however, the (awesome) illustrations for rider posture and position definitely came in handy here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.