Wed, Sep 18, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: finally - cars with headlights!!!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 7:19 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 2:43 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=106698

in the MP.  I've put them in my cart.

will be interested to see if they work in vue as well. Probably not.

Great idea though. Ive been wanting this forever!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

piersyf ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 10:56 PM

Meh... all left hand drive. No use to me.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 6:42 AM
Site Admin

Quote - Meh... all left hand drive. No use to me.

Aside from the taxi, you could make the image backwards and reverse it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

piersyf ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 6:52 AM · edited Sun, 21 September 2014 at 6:53 AM

Car badges get reversed. Licence plates get reversed.

Seriously, it isn't hard. When car makers change the drive side they just port the whole instrument panel from left to right or vice versa. If you're making a car mesh and go to ALL that trouble to make the instruments, just make the instruments a separate piece, mirror the dash (a 1 click operation in most 3d software these days) and mirror the pedals. Thats it. It might add 5 minutes to a job they spend hours on. For Euro or American cars I can understand, but vendors that sell Japanese or English cars should make them the way they were ****ing well made!

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 7:30 AM
Online Now!

I would have thought that they would work in the latest version of Vue if you had Poser do the rendering within Vue, but I guess there is only one way to be sure.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 7:50 AM

Content Mirror for Poser by Dimension3D

used it on a couple of things works very

Schurby ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 10:05 AM

I made night lights for my Delivery/Repair Van last year. Nice for night scenes.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/delivery-n-repair/97285/

Schurby

Schurby

piersyf ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 4:35 PM

Soul Taker, I have and use content mirror, but that tends to reverse UV's as well (haven't figured how to fix that), and also reverses the car's badging if it's in the mesh. I select models that I can 'fix' using that method, but not all cars will work with it.

It is certainly a useful tool. A shame the vendors don't bother with it.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 7:00 PM

Shurby - I have you r model too. Haven't looked at it though and didn't realize it had lights.  It will be very useful when I need that sort of van.

the other feature which would be great in a vehicle would be to make whole panels (not just doors) invisible, for camera angles.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 7:26 PM

seatbelts would be awesome!

SoulTaker ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2014 at 3:58 AM

Quote - Soul Taker, I have and use content mirror, but that tends to reverse UV's as well (haven't figured how to fix that), and also reverses the car's badging if it's in the mesh. I select models that I can 'fix' using that method, but not all cars will work with it.

It is certainly a useful tool. A shame the vendors don't bother with it.

its not that hard and can be done in less than an hour

with material zones and by maing a prop and a texture map,

it can be done,

piersyf ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2014 at 6:17 AM

Agreed it can be done, and I have been. I'm saying I shouldn't have to. Why spend money on something I have to spend an hour on to fix when they could do the same in less than 5 minutes when they are making it?

Just explaining (to any vendors that may be following) why I may or may not be buying their products.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2014 at 3:58 PM · edited Mon, 22 September 2014 at 3:59 PM

Thank you for link , dear Esther

Now , it´s put in my wishlist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.