Sat, Oct 5, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Unsupported jpeg error

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 5:28 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:14 AM

I have previously imported both native Poser files as well as .obj converted ones into Vue Infinite 10 without any problems.

On my current project I have now started getting a "Unsupported jpeg file format. Unable to load picture." error when I try to import a Poser file and attempt to locate texture jpg files.

Have checked all the texture map files and none of them are corrupted or have anything other than .jpg extentions, etc.

This is driving me nuts! Any ideas why this has started occuring? Any help very greatfully received!

czarnyrobert ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 4:08 PM

Which version of Vue do you have ?  (infinite, complete, 10, 11, build number ?) 

Does this error happens with any poser objects you try to import or just one specific model ? 

Have you tried to use some other bitmaps with same names ? 

(any jpg, just to test if Vue can't deal with those jpg or maybe it is some more general problem with Vue failing to load poser content)

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 4:50 PM · edited Sat, 01 November 2014 at 4:51 PM

I remember that error. Make sure the JPG file is 24-bit. Or try to use PNG or BMP instead, if you can, for your textures. PNG uses less RAM.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.