Wed, Sep 18, 2:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: What product do you use the most?

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 4:35 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

I find myself using Magic Mirror in almost every Poser render. I've probably have had it since Poser 6. Funny thing is I rarely use the mirrors, just the other materials provided and they work, for me, in almost every render situation. Maybe because its not complicated. I do mainly animations, so I don't need materials that add to the rendering time. It's also my go to product if I don't like the materials a vendor has used on their own product.

So what product do you find yourself going back to over and over again?

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 8:28 AM

EzSkin2

Scenefixer

V4

M4

BB's Envsphere

Anthanasius ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 10:50 AM

EzSkin2

Scenefixer

V4

M4

BB's Envsphere

Same ;)

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 11:12 AM

Yes, V4 and M4. Thought that was a given. Haha!

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 12:16 PM

V4 M4

Netherworks camera panel plus, Pose Dots, Render Dots and Light Dots

i13 Lightease

Shaderworks Library Manager 2 and Advance Figure Manager 2

And recently

EZ Skin2 and EZMat 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Tunesy ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 7:19 PM

. . . the same five mentioned previously, plus PhilC's Poser Pocket Knife and/or Poser Tool Box.  I've noticed that I can pose hands much more quickly using the "zero me + children" command on the hands and then a few spins of the "grasp" dials of the individual fingers.  Works 99 per cent of the time.  I also use the "hide/show me + children" commands a lot when using long pants, long sleeve shirts, gloves and/or boots.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 9:39 PM

EzSkin2

EzMat

V4

M4

colorCurvatureExporter

ligthSphere

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 6:51 AM · edited Sat, 08 November 2014 at 6:58 AM

Yes, Add PhilC's toolbox to my list as well, plus colorcurvature's figure mixer. I use M4/K4, V4/K4, D3/Matt a LOT! And the clothing converting utility that comes with it is what MAKES it useful!

If you include Poser's built-in features, then the one that I simply cannot do without is the Morph Brush and all it's wonderful permutations.I absolutely do not have any mesh issues anymore... I use it to make bends look more natural, to make clothes really FIT... to make hair actually shape to heads... to fake contact physics between characters... all sorts of things. It also is what makes the cloth room truly useful... it cleans up all the bend crinkles in the dynamic meshes and makes those clothing items appear real.

Yes. I'm a big fan.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 7:17 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

The Product I use the most is Poser :)

After that I use
EzSkin2
Scenefixer
V4
M4
BB's Envsphere
Reality
Lux

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • Poser and its content files
  • Blender to build
  • BB's Env Sphere for IDL
  • Scenefixer

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 9:31 AM

I forgot colorcurvature's K4/M4-V4 mixer., this scrip is pure gold

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 9:38 AM

notepad++

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 8:22 PM

91 Octane Unleaded gasoline

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 8:28 PM

91 Octane Unleaded gasoline

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2014 at 8:45 AM · edited Sun, 09 November 2014 at 8:57 AM

Scenefixer -- about 4,000 times for each scene I complete. (WIth SR4, the gamma on image maps changes every time I duplicate an object, so.... couldn't live without this miracle of a script).

Edit: Poser Primitives. Can't believe I forgot these.

EZSkin2 -- every single living thing that will show up in a close up gets put through this, and all humans, whether background or main.

The skydome from Faveral's Viking Village. It's so pretty, I just made it part of my default scene.

One of BB's IBLs, distributed with VSS about 200 years ago.

The terrain from FirstBastion's Farm Fencing.

A flat plane using one of BB's water shaders.

Stone Texture Building Kit by Laurie S -- a Plat Club texture maps release that I use in half my architectural scenes.

Genesis, Genesis 2, V4, M4 -- and the DSON loader script by D3D.

No Limits script by Cliff Bowman.

Loretta and Lorenzo LoRez (and/or other lorez figs by Predatron).

Master Skullcap by 3Dream (for very low poly hair).

Dynamic clothing by Esha, Tipol, Kaleya, Cute3D (and several others).

Various houses and/or other cool props by Dark Anvil.

Oh, and I almost forgot -- one or several of the construction kits by Mapps, one or more of the Scenescapes sets by MortemVetus, or Room Creator 2 by Maclean. Truly useful, I find. Something made by each of them makes into every scene I make nowadays.

At least one prop by Danie and Marforno. Usually a lantern. Frequently, a vase, plant, wall, or piece of furniture, or a pose.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 12:51 PM

Interposer pro for Cinema4D!!

My website

YouTube Channel

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 1:08 PM

vincevaga's sunLight system,

PP2014 Roxie,

OctaneRender for Poser

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 3:13 PM

My Mac.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 3:15 PM

My Mac.

My chair. :P

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 4:29 PM

What I use in addition to most of the things listed above, I use almost all of Netherwork's scripts:

Batch Material Convert - Converts legacy .pz2 mats to .mc6s and moves them to the Materials folder (where Material files belong).

Creator's Toybox - very useful in unscrewing content I have purchased both here and elsewhere.  Especially PROPS!

Hair Conversion System 2014 - converts M4/V4 hair to something Alyson 2, Antonia, Dawn, Jessi, Michelle, Miki 3/4, & Roxie can use.

Hair Conversion System II (and a copy of Poser 7) - Converts M4/4 hair to something James, Kelvin, Koji, Simon, G2 Jessi, Sydney, Olivia, Miki 1/2 & Terai Yuki 2 can use.  One day, I hope Netherworks will update the figure data modules for use with HCS 2014, so I can retire my copy of Poser 7. (Hint, Hint)

PoseWriter - for reworking M4/V4 poses for other figures.

By Semidieu:

Advanced Figure Randomizer and INJ Builder - essential for figure clean-up.  (Reduce that 400Mb V4 to 20Mb)  It also builds Inj/Rem files

Advanced Texture Variation - when I need something other than the generic Caucasians that litter the Poserverse.  Really lets me add variety to skin textures

By 3d Universe:

Texture Converter 2 - Allows me to put M4/V4 textures on the Daz Generation 2 & 3 figures as well as Miki 2.  Pity 3d Universe dropped the product.

By Blacksmith3d

Texture Transformer - Allows me to put V4 Textures on Roxie & Dawn - Hopefully, we will see support for more than just DAZ figures.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 4:45 PM

What I use in addition to most of the things listed above, I use almost all of Netherwork's scripts:

Batch Material Convert - Converts legacy .pz2 mats to .mc6s and moves them to the Materials folder (where Material files belong).

Creator's Toybox - very useful in unscrewing content I have purchased both here and elsewhere.  Especially PROPS!

Hair Conversion System 2014 - converts M4/V4 hair to something Alyson 2, Antonia, Dawn, Jessi, Michelle, Miki 3/4, & Roxie can use.

Hair Conversion System II (and a copy of Poser 7) - Converts M4/4 hair to something James, Kelvin, Koji, Simon, G2 Jessi, Sydney, Olivia, Miki 1/2 & Terai Yuki 2 can use.  One day, I hope Netherworks will update the figure data modules for use with HCS 2014, so I can retire my copy of Poser 7. (Hint, Hint)

PoseWriter - for reworking M4/V4 poses for other figures.

By Semidieu:

Advanced Figure Randomizer and INJ Builder - essential for figure clean-up.  (Reduce that 400Mb V4 to 20Mb)  It also builds Inj/Rem files

Advanced Texture Variation - when I need something other than the generic Caucasians that litter the Poserverse.  Really lets me add variety to skin textures

By 3d Universe:

Texture Converter 2 - Allows me to put M4/V4 textures on the Daz Generation 2 & 3 figures as well as Miki 2.  Pity 3d Universe dropped the product.

By Blacksmith3d

Texture Transformer - Allows me to put V4 Textures on Roxie & Dawn - Hopefully, we will see support for more than just DAZ figures.

That's a sweet list. I didn't realize that Advanced Figure Randomizer made inj files. I'd much rather save those than a CR2, every time I create a newish mixture of morphs. I'd add to it Poser File Organizer by D3D. Fixes... well... potentially EVERYTHING, though it's not a simple utility. But it is powerful.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 7:06 AM

notepad++

Only for editing DS files, I use notetab light for editing Poser files.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 9:13 AM

I forgot RSRConverter.  Because not only do vendors not update their content - there are still people making .rsr files in 2014.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 10:16 AM

Man, I haven't used Macconverter or RSR converter in years.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 12:12 PM

Man, I haven't used Macconverter or RSR converter in years.

Well, I am restructuring my V4 Clothes runtime - I have redownloaded my V4 content from here & DAZ & I have actually had to keep it running on my system for the past few weeks.

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 7:12 PM · edited Fri, 14 November 2014 at 7:15 PM

Poser File Organizer converts those pesky RSR's. I know because I've converted a TON of them. It also fixes path issues. Converts Matposes to mat files. Remove detached nodes. Will restructure shaders, in fact. And about a million other things. Quite handy. 

Someone made an RSR in a new product this year?

Okay. That's legitimately ridiculous. LOL. But thankfully we know how to deal with them quickly. :) ("Them"..ambiguous reference fault.... oops....deal with the RSR's, I mean. Not the vendor who created them.)

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 2:40 AM · edited Sat, 15 November 2014 at 2:44 AM

I think I should've clarified 'one' product. Haha! But this is good. I will look more into EzSkin, BB's Envsphere and a few others. I have a few of the others that are mentioned but don't use as much. Will definitely look at (learn to use) them. Thanks for the replies.

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2014 at 4:46 AM · edited Sun, 16 November 2014 at 4:47 AM

PP2114GameDev + P4 Hi Res Nude Female + Pandorian's Wrestling Ring Gen 2:  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/pandorians-wrestling-ring---gen-2/47258/

I am too lazy to figure out how to make anything look "good," so I just do "good enough for now" and move on to the next aspect.  As such, although I have purchased other figures and some things for them, I will, at some point, use purchased locations and hair more than anything else in addition.

A lot of clothing items, regardless of figure, are either what I would like to use when I get around to it or are different enough to be worthy of consideration.  I do not use clothing, however - I "poly paint" Posette's skin with the grouping tool, assign materials, and color as desired.  This way, her "clothes" always fit without poke through, "morph" perfectly when she does, and follow her poses exactly. :D

Then I toss two of her into the ring and work on poses, lighting, and cameras.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2014 at 10:57 AM · edited Sun, 16 November 2014 at 10:58 AM

Someone made an RSR in a new product this year?

Okay. That's legitimately ridiculous. LOL. But thankfully we know how to deal with them quickly. :) ("Them"..ambiguous reference fault.... oops....deal with the RSR's, I mean. Not the vendor who created them.)

It's actually more than one person.  It is several people.  Not to mention the fact that a ton of DAZ products still have them.  Just because DAZ repackaged all of their content sans installers doesn't mean that they would actually update anything.  There is a lot of DAZ Gen 4 content that is still for sale both here and elsewhere that still have .rsr files instead of .png files.  What is worse is all of the vendors that still tell their Mac customers that they need Macconverter to use their product (And they still do that with new products in Nov. 2014).  The vendors obviously have no clue as to what the product actually does.  (For those of you who don't know - it was a product that converted Poser 3 content to something Poser 4 could read.  It was also an OS9 product.  And the website for the product went dark about 13 years ago.  And you haven't been able to buy a Mac that runs OS9 in about a decade.) 

There is no telling how many sales that particular stupidity has cost vendors over the years, just because they couldn't be bothered to find out what the product actually was.

12rounds ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2014 at 1:41 AM
  1. Semidieu's Advanced Library Manager 2 (I don't use the Poser native library 'cause I run Poser on linux and don't want to jump the extra hoops required).

2. Semidieu's Advanced Shader Launcher (I make illustrative/conceptual drawing/comic style stills only. Not used every time, but almost.).

3. M4 (slightly more used than V4; M4 is the go-to figure in about 60% of my renders).

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2014 at 1:10 PM

Poser et al.

Photoshop CS2

Wacom Intuous 3

Microsoft Word

Folger's Instant Coffee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.