Wed, Sep 18, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Dawn SR2 released

caisson ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 12:32 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 6:15 PM

Hivewire have just released Dawn SR2 as a free update. Downloaded though not tried out yet, but here's a copy/paste of the changes:

** SR2 List of Changes**

• Poser- Added 53 new morphs and 7 controls
  • Added 6 JCMs to improve thigh movement
  • Fixed drifting points in elbow when morphs are applied
  • Fixed Size morphs to get larger when dialed in the positive
  • Re-organized dial catagories for ease of use
  • Updated Gamma settings to 1, for bump, specularity, and transparency maps
  • Added conforming lines of code to clothing resource kit
  • Existing Dawn figure will remain so that you can still use her if desired
  • DAZ Studio- Added 53 new morphs and 7 controls
  • Added 6 JCMs to improve thigh movement
  • Fixed drifting points in elbow when morphs are applied
  • Fixed Size morphs to get larger when dialed in the positive 
  • Re-organized dial catagories for ease of use
  • Added Region Groups

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 1:49 PM

Cool.  Thanks for the update.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 8:08 PM

Still no shoulder fixes :o(

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Jaager ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2014 at 2:14 AM

**JVRenderer -  Would you post a render/renders of the areas that you think need a fix and post which rotations and their values are producing it?  Right side if you would.

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2014 at 4:54 AM · edited Sun, 09 November 2014 at 4:55 AM

Indeed, her shoulders are not as dainty as V4's. She's a strong one, that Dawn, with wide shoulders like a good ole country farm girl that has no trouble carrying a pair of eight gallon milk jugs. Her delts aren't nearly as overdeveloped as V3s, but they are noticeable when her shoulders are down. I'm not certain this is a flaw so much as just a normal human variation. I'm also reminded that many joint problems can be solved in a matter of seconds with a few swipes of the morph brush (smoothing fixes almost anything). I used to find using the morph brush to be very difficult and unintuitive, but after adjusting the parameters to a give a much more subtle effect and practicing with it, I now find it indispensable. You might give it a try. But it does depend on exactly what it is that troubles you.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

false1 ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2014 at 11:45 AM

Indeed, her shoulders are not as dainty as V4's. She's a strong one, that Dawn, with wide shoulders like a good ole country farm girl that has no trouble carrying a pair of eight gallon milk jugs. Her delts aren't nearly as overdeveloped as V3s, but they are noticeable when her shoulders are down. I'm not certain this is a flaw so much as just a normal human variation. I'm also reminded that many joint problems can be solved in a matter of seconds with a few swipes of the morph brush (smoothing fixes almost anything). I used to find using the morph brush to be very difficult and unintuitive, but after adjusting the parameters to a give a much more subtle effect and practicing with it, I now find it indispensable. You might give it a try. But it does depend on exactly what it is that troubles you.

I've had luck with just scaling the shoulders a bit but there is still something a bit odd going on in the bicep, shoulder, armpit area. I can't see that being fixed in an SR as it would probably mess up the fit for conforming clothes. It is what it is, I still use her on occasion and Dusk doesn't seem to have those issues. He appears quite nice actually. Happy for the free update though.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.