Wed, Oct 2, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: A little help from my friends :)

BeyondVR ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2014 at 5:35 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 7:37 PM

I have been ill the past few years which is why I have been absent for so long.  I have a favor to ask.  If you have ever bought any of my former products, or downloaded any of my freebies over the years, and have done an image containing same, would you please post a link to the image here.  Please don't post the picture here, to save space.  I have always been on dialup and have never gotten to visit the galleries much.  I would really love to see what people have done with my creations.  It will really be appreciated, and you will make an old man very happy.  Thanks!

John

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2014 at 6:04 AM

I have no idea how I've managed to avoid using any of your stuff - I can only conclude that I must have worked at it really hard. :)

Looking through your freestuff, I can see many things that I've downloaded, and encouragingly, quite a lot that I've missed. Sorry I can't show and tell any pictures, but at least I can take this opportunity to say "thank you" for the goodies I've hoarded. Best wishes for the Christmas season, and I hope your health issues don't slow you down too much.

BeyondVR ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 1:07 AM

You're very welcome, Bob.  I've been something of a hoarder myself.  I have tried to use as much of it as I can, even if it meant remapping things.  In fact that's how I got started.  Merry Christmas to you, too :)

cschell ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 3:10 AM · edited Wed, 17 December 2014 at 3:12 AM

Merry Christmas John!  I have a bunch of images on my comp that I'd done years ago when I made the textures for your freebie aircraft... none of them are posted anywhere or I'd share a link or two and I know you said not to post images in here but I wanted to share at least this one for you... the main Corsair is Bazze's but there's a row of your old Wildcat freebie fighters parked by my hangars and you'd helped me sort out some issues with my barrels and crates way back when... :)

file_bd4c9ab730f5513206b999ec0d90d1fb.JP

BeyondVR ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 5:50 PM

Merry Christmas to you, my friend!  That's a really nice image.  I think I recognize it as one of your promo images.  I really appreciate the textures you, and also neiwil, did for my planes.  That led to a collaboration that was a lot of fun, and made me think about how I had been doing things.  I hope that those who have downloaded my planes, and USS Essex, have gotten to use your textures.

cschell ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 7:35 PM · edited Wed, 17 December 2014 at 7:36 PM

I see my Essex textures used a lot even now so many years later... and from time to time the re-textures I did for your aircraft pop up in a render here and there. Our collaboration was, and still is, one of the experiences I value most about my foray into 3D modelling. You taught me much of what I now know, specially about setting up items to be properly cross-compatible with both DS and Poser, and without that help I wouldn't be any where near where I am now.... for that I most deeply and heartily give you my sincere thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.