Tue, Oct 22, 2:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: How do I unzip on a Mac

Martine ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2015 at 2:10 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:45 AM

I  have the newest Mac, installed expander, but it keeps putting my files in the wrong place. Can anyone tell me what to put the settings on? Under expansion I have it pointing to Poser 10 and checkmarked

automatically expand archives in Poser 10

Continue to expand if possible

Set execute permissions by default

Mount disk images

Under Destination I have: By asking for a destination and always

I think I'm doing something wrong because it's supposed to unzip straight to my runtime folder, and it's not. I have hundreds of files to install and am tearing my hair out. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2015 at 3:29 PM

This article may help. Personally, I've never tried or wanted to tell the utility where to unzip any files as I prefer to put them where I wish manually.

http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Using-The-Archive-Utility-Gain-Control-Of-Your-Macs-Compression-Options.htm

nemesis10 ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2015 at 12:52 AM

If you have a brand new mac, the default is to download to a folder called Downloads which is sandboxed i.e... designed so that if you are downloading something bad such as a virus, the file can't execute outside that Download folder. You can change the location you download to or change what the Download folder does by going to the Security and Privacy tab and changing what the Download folder allows but read about this first so that you understand the security implications.  I would recommend that you get one of the many installer applications for Poser since you don't want to overwrite the runtime of your Poser application with the runtime of you new download.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.