Sun, Oct 6, 8:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT - "Time Machine" actor Rod Taylor died

Redfern ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2015 at 9:50 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

file_47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e.jpActor Rod Taylor, probably best remembered for his roles in "The Time Machine" (directed by George Pal) and "The Birds" (which Hitchcock directed) died on January 8, 2015, On January 11th he would have turned 85 years old.

I started this last Saturday after watching "The Time Machine" upon TCM for the umpteenth time. It started simply as an exercise to update and improve an earlier composition. Little did I know I would gain a new incentive in less than a week, one born from tragedy.

Both the Time Machine and the workshop are freebies generously shared by "Morpheus" at ShaeCG. The period toolbox and its contents are by a friend named Xaa, the blueprints and oil can come from a DAZ product.

I know what some of you are thinking. Nothing should be illuminated upon the Time Machine without a pilot. True; but I don't have a likeness of Rod Taylor and the thing just looks more interesting with everything glowing.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2015 at 10:10 PM

Beautiful model.  Thanks for sharing it with us. RIP Rod Taylor.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2015 at 5:00 AM

Oh, I saw that last week also, that movie was a classic.  Thank you for the model, it is a tribute.

Sharen 

vitachick ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2015 at 5:14 AM

Beautiful render and dedi...RIP Rod Taylor.

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

heddheld ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2015 at 8:35 AM

RIP etc

my fav image of that machine now is Sheldon (big bang theory) when the Morlocks come for him ;-)

but the "remake" was pits .......!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved that scene where time whizzes past the window/wall ?  but some (by todays standards) are well dated

thank god for CGI 

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2015 at 1:39 PM

One of my favourite films.

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2015 at 2:04 PM

Oh, I saw that last week also, that movie was a classic.  Thank you for the model, it is a tribute.

Sharen 

I hope you are thanking "Morpheus" for the model as it is his digital recreation.  I merely staged, illuminated and rendered it along with his sculpt of the work shed/greenhouse. The machine can be downloaded here...

George Pal Time Machine by Morpheus

And the "lab" can be obtained here...

Time Machine Lab by Morpheus

Apparently, he's updated the model a few times over the years, making it ever more screen accurate with each release.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.