Wed, Sep 18, 11:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hybrid insect

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2015 at 2:44 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 9:53 AM

This is my greatest Creation ever My Hybrid insect of a Hornet and a Mantis these 2 insects tend to hate each other in real life but here they have become one bad killing machine.

All Comments Welcome
Karl

file_eb160de1de89d9058fcb0b968dbbbd68.jp

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2015 at 4:37 AM

Great monster Karl. 

If it's a hornet mantis cross, does that make it a really bad creature that hates itself?  Lol!

Looks a bit unstable, how does it stand with all those needle points?  I suppose with wings it doesn't really need to.  Brilliant model, well done Karl.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2015 at 11:04 AM

Hi Fran

Those needles are hairs with water droplets on them as its a Hybrid it does mean it has all the Strengths of both and less weakness's. The real Challenge with this was getting the water droplets as I am sure you know once you have so many boolean objects it take an age to load so I used meta Balls for the water as they take up less polygons then spheres. This is probably my best work until the Dragon damsel Fly is finished. I have been looking at some of your work and think its mind blowing I love the concept of a new Bryce you came up with if Daz had that type of imagination everyone would use Bryce and only Bryce. Thanks for looking

Karl

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.