Sun, Sep 15, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:04 am)

Subject: TerraDome 2 a huge improvement on TerraDome 1

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 6:07 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Hi,

I bought the original terradome 1 and hardly used it, but TerraDome 2 is a very adaptable outdoor scene.  At first I thought, well it's huge, how am I going to populate it with things.  Then semidieu brought out his instancing software that drops and scatters plants, billboards or whatever you choose nicely where I want things to be.  Now I've just popped another set of morphs into my cart today to make the mountains and water look completely different.  

The original terradome 1 was disappointing. I think the idea was there but they didn't have the software to make it work, and for some reason addons never eventuated.  However there are heaps of addons for the new version, so I'm very happy and I"m really glad that even though I had a bad experience with terradome1 I took the chance and bought terradome2.

Things are on sale although I'm sure you all check over there now and then so you probably know all about it already.

Now we just need a similar modern day city based on a similar concept to terradome where the skyline can be morphed to have different shapes and sizes of buildings, and streets where traffic lights and signs populate along.  

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 12:12 AM

Thanks for the review. Was thinking about it but was still sceptical about getting it. Wil get it later.

Thanks again! 

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 8:35 PM

I see you have Bryce.  How well do your PZ3s import into Bryce?  Maybe you don't need terradome at all. I have vue but using pz3s inside vue can be very sluggish and it can be hard to position things and repose at times.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 5:14 AM

Have to import via DAZ. Sometimes it's a pain to do,other times it's ok. I'd rather not go thru the hassles of re-texturing the models. Reposing means going back to Poser, resetting the pose and then re-importing it via DAZ. A big time waster and ineffective workflow.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 7:52 AM

Thanx for that review, Esther.  I was considering buying some add-ons for Terradome 1, which are on sale, but will instead save my nickels for version 2... :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.