Fri, Sep 20, 12:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Export Poser 9 Figure to Blender 2.73

Michaelab ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2015 at 7:17 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 3:00 AM

How do I export a Poser figure and have the materials and textures show up when I import that figure into Blender?

I get the figures but no texture.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2015 at 4:34 AM

If you export via OBJ the material names should carry over. Textures probably won't autoload unless they're in the same folder as the OBJ and even then, it's not guaranteed. You'll need to load them individually if that happens. Keep in mind, only the material names are likely to transfer. The material settings won't because Poser 9's and Blender's material setups are very different. One of the more Blender proficient users can better respond to you but this should get you on your way.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 10:45 AM

Try this method

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/teleblendforposer

there is a more Automated version of this script for Daz studio that I use but I assume you may not want to open your poser scene in DS first

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.