Sat, Oct 5, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Needed: About 22 images of Poser clothing for Poser clothing creation book

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 5:14 AM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 6:45 PM

Greetings!

I am finishing the layout of my Poser clothing creation book which I shall be publishing on Amazon in both print, pdf and kindle format (hopefully)

However I have about 22 large white spaces in my book. (1/3 to 1/2 page mostly)  I could leave them empty, but I think a better thing would be images of great poser clothing. There are so many amazing outfits out there that deserve to be mentioned.

So I would like to ask you guys if you would like to send in images for this book.

Rules:

Images MUST be print resolution ready, at least 300 DPI

Images MUST be no larger than 1800 by 1800 pixels wide and no smaller than 900 px by 900 px

Images MUST be safe for all ages including your great aunt in the nunnery. No serious violence, nothing gross, no nudity. Cleavage and some naked butt is ok

MUST be rendered in poser on poser figures.

NO genesis, since this is not about daz studio clothing creation. This includes v5-6-7 and so forth

Any poser figure is ok as long as there is clothing. Remember this is a clothing book.

Yes animals in clothing items is ok, such as fancy harness and armor

Older images are fine. You can only submit your own work.

Submit as many as you like

I will stop considering images on July  27th 2015.

What you will get:

Bragging rights.  Any images I choose to include will be carefully tagged with your name, the name of the clothing set if it is commercial and the name of the maker of the clothing

To submit your images for consideration please post a link here to a dropboxed file or posted image in a gallery here or elsewhere.  If you feel shy you can PM the link to me instead.

Thanks everyone! and I sure I hope I get some great images to include in my book!

Lyrra

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 5:12 PM

I find it curious that you are writing a book to sell for profit about clothing creation, and need images from someone else.

I don't mean to offend, it just strikes me as very odd. I would think you would have plenty of your own examples.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 7:29 PM

Well I've been making poser content for the better part of fifteen years. Sure I have loads of my own renders - but I don't own every great outfit out there. And some people are better or different artists than I am.  Plus of course, this is a chance for other content creators to show off what they feel is their best work.

Sure I could just put in one render of everything that I have every made .. that would give me  mmmmmm ...... 300 some odd images? hard to keep track.  But that would be all my work and my style and not really a good example of all the sorts of poser content available out there.  I know I'm putting in at least three of my sets, that I think came out very well or were very tricky technically.

Which reminds me I should go email Xurge ... he has some amazing stuff.

the book as it stands contains something like 400 screenshots, renders and other images. I think 20 pictures from someone else is a good balance, don't you?  Some eyecandy would be nice as a break from all the step-by-step images of the same set.

But you know, if nobody actually wants to have their pictures published in a book, they don't have to. lol

Lyrra

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 8:55 PM

there are now fifteen images slots left open

Lyrra

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 9:52 PM

Lyrra, did you know your signature link is broken image?  You might wish to fix that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.