Sun, Sep 15, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:04 am)

Subject: too much content to download

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 6:54 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:53 PM

Hi, I have let things go too long. I used to use taosoft's renderosity downoader but it stopped working with the new renderosity site. Now I have a ton of content to download and I can't face this job. I was wondering if renderosity offers a burning to DVD option?

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 8:15 PM

I feel for you, I'm recovering "sort of " from a stroke and nothing current will DL  from S/M to rebuild my LW Poser Fusion setup dreaded invalid SN error S/M site doesn't accept my PW. cheers for cascading user failures

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 8:23 PM

Maybe because of your stroke you think you are inputting the correct password but the letters may actually be jumbled.  then again you're writing the above message fine, so probably that is not it.  I'm sure SM would help if you contacted them.   

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 9:48 PM

Smith Micro (S/M) doesn't provide free downloads of anything not offered free.  If it is a paid item, did you pay the Smith Micro the fee for keeping your paid content available? After a hard drive failure I had better results contacting vendors, telling them what happened and relying on their good will.  Most believed me and gave me fresh download links. Some did not.  I respond to this by only buying Poser products from the big three.  If I have to make a purchase from S/M, I back it up.  Twice.

Jim, you must have downloaded the content at one time.  Did you delete it or is it stored away on an old hard drive?

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 10:05 PM

I'm being stonewalled in my attempts to recover my installs from my back ups they aren't useful curses foiled again by some DLM scheme

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 17 July 2015 at 2:00 AM

Ester is pretty much always right.  I'd take any advice she gives, especially contacting whomever you bought Poser Fusion from be it Lightwave or Smith Micro.  In the meantime, check out this thread over RDNA.

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?79467-Updates-Now-Available-for-Poser-10-Poser-Pro-2014/page4

Hope this helps.

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 18 July 2015 at 6:28 PM

Tracking down all these versions and Sr's how herculean I found Poser pro 2012 and the assorted pieces

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 10:09 AM

If the product is from the old CP store (the one that pre-dates SMS take over), you had 30 days to download your order history before SMS deactivated the links.  You can still access the order history (mainly to check if you own a product) but SMS will not activate the links for any of these products. 

If the products were purchased after the SMS, you several options.  You can purchase the extended download service which gives you two years of active links.  If you purchased EDS and two years have passed, you can repurchase the EDS and gain another two years of active links.  If you did not purchase the EDS at the time of purchase, you have download the product within 30 days of purchase as that is the length of time SMS keeps the link active.  You can purchase the EDS at a later date if you did not originally purchase it.  EDS is based on price up to a set amount.  If the order's amount exceeds the set amount, you are charged the max which is a little under $9. 

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 4:37 PM

knowing what file your digging for is the challenge

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2015 at 5:42 PM

found a likely file; InstallPoserFusion2014ForLightwave.exe in folder; 3D Downloads/ content Smith Micro/UPGRADE Poser Pro 2014

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2015 at 1:54 PM

Why doesn't the DLM update thing mention the pro app plugins I bought the Pro edition for

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2015 at 2:28 PM

It is in DLM if you bought the download version, but you have to enter the PoserFusion serial number that you got in the email into DLM:

If you purchased the Physical DVD version of Poser Pro 2014, please click the link below and enter your valid Poser Pro 2014 serial number from your DVD case to get the Download Manager.

If you purchased the ESD version of Poser Pro 2014 you already have a copy of the Download Manager.

Install and/or run the Download Manager, then simply enter any one of your 4 PoserFusion 2014 serial numbers in the Download Manager to view a full display of all available PoserFusion 2014 plugin installers. Via the Download Manager you can then select and download any individual PoserFusion plug-in or the full set of plug-ins.

If you bought the DVD, go to this page...

http://my.smithmicro.com/poserfusion-plugins.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2015 at 3:22 AM

bought the upgrade from rosity marketplace thanks

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2015 at 12:07 PM

Took the SN doesn't appear to install to the plugins dir

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2015 at 1:16 PM

There are no plugin serial numbers listed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2015 at 3:54 AM

The SN'S are in the order details and the DLM installer violates windows OS Rules by writing to the C:programs Dir

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2015 at 8:59 AM

Thread drift thanks for the pointers  so much stuff to keep on only so much front burner space

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.