Mon, Sep 9, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Dawn Two Years On

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 8:31 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Well there is a number of reasons why I went to Hivewire3d and started to look at the Dawn Special Edition, but enough of that, I have already been far too negative tonight.  So moving on positively.

I am really surprised how much Dawn has grown in two years.  I have been playing with the Dawn SE for a few days now and posting on the relevant thread here but I have now moved a little too far away for Dawn SE and I do no want to derail that thread, hence the new one.

This is my work in progress on trying to have a Dawn based character to join those I have developed from V4.  It uses much from from the brilliant Oriana for Dawn by Fabiana here at Rendo, and there is so much in that product to use.  

Working with Dawn is very different after working with V4 for so long, at least for me, but I an really excited by the expressions that appear to be possible with Dawn.  It is something I want to look into in much more depth once I have pinned down the character a little better.

Oh and before people start quoting some of the things I said in the past about Dawn, well your right, I was not too impressed at launch, but as I said I am surprised on how much she has grown in 2 years. 

file_140f6969d5213fd0ece03148e62e461e.jp

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

AetherDream ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 8:54 PM

Hi Hornet3D-- I like what you have going on here. Fabiana did a really fantastic job with her Oriana character. I do like Dawn's expressions. She is definitely a change from v4. When I first started using her, I did have some challenges but it was actually a lot of fun to be doing something a little new. She has had some time to develop and there are more options out there for her now. I am also of the mindset that as things change, people's opinions also sometimes change, so I don't think anyone should use things that people said in the past to dispute their opinions. Your work is lovely.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 10:10 PM · edited Fri, 14 August 2015 at 10:11 PM

Hi Hornet3D-- I like what you have going on here. Fabiana did a really fantastic job with her Oriana character. I do like Dawn's expressions. She is definitely a change from v4. When I first started using her, I did have some challenges but it was actually a lot of fun to be doing something a little new. She has had some time to develop and there are more options out there for her now. I am also of the mindset that as things change, people's opinions also sometimes change, so I don't think anyone should use things that people said in the past to dispute their opinions. Your work is lovely.

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.  Your right I am having great fun and I think one of the challenges I have is just the the vast amount of morphs that are available.  The thing that is really driving me on is the expressions seem far more powerful than in V4 in the sense that it changes the face.  For example a smile with V4 moves the mouth and the surrounding area but with Dawn it affects the mouth the eyes and the eyebrows.  A sad face also furrows the brow to some degree.  That is powerful enough in its own but the morphs can be combined to further extend those capabilities.  It could be that a really skillful artist can do the same with V4 but with Dawn it is the spin of a dial, a real boon for the non talented like me.  

There is more I want to do with the character but the promise of being able to generate better expressions, and therefore emotions in renders, is something I really want to explore in depth.

These are really exciting times.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:08 AM · edited Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:09 AM

she has a baby now, eh?  Dusk is the male?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Vaskania ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 6:07 AM

Yep. Dusk is the male and Luna is the baby.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 2:12 PM

would be fun to render like anne geddes flower babies  

anne_geddes_babies_016.jpg

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 3:16 PM

Wow; no stretch marks. :D I never got around to installing Dawn's SR2; too much going on.  Perhaps I should load it up and try it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

AetherDream ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 2:59 AM

The head and body morph packs along with the expressions pack for her are also well worth the investment at some point. Once I got those and got a handle on the different dials I actually found her to be very versatile. 

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.