Mon, Sep 16, 10:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 12 1:46 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Site Update Bug Report

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:27 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Hello all!

Please use this thread to let us know of any bugs etc from the previous update made to the site.

Thank you for your patience as we work out some bugs!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:29 AM

Can we just link the posts instead of writing them out all over again?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:32 AM

One. Site security certificate problems
Two. Chat missing.
Three. Wasted space everywhere
Four. Site slow to load
Five. Site freezes when changing pages as crap loads, freezing browser until load is complete.
Six. Site takes upto 5 minutes to load a page.

And that's just me!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:33 AM

Threads already made have been noted. This is from them on please. :)

Also.. chat should be back today (don't quote me though)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:34 AM

Oh site design unfriendly to dsylexics and visually impaired. (lack of testing it seems)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:35 AM

When finally loaded, chrome shows the site to be unsecured. An amber lock to be exact.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:09 AM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:10 AM

bug : no WYSIWYG text controls for Italics, Bold etc. (mark up language? really? facepalm) See above on unfriendly for Dyslexic/Visually Impaired.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:43 AM

search is totally broken.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:12 PM

I wanted to throw out to you all that increasing/decreasing the size of the page a bit will allow the navigation bar to appear or disappear. :)

longprong ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:14 PM

e-mail please reporting that somebody has commented or favoured my image....not happened today although my image has been commented.

Toolbar notification icon highlight to reset after I have clicked on it and read posted comments on my image

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:10 PM

No bots; no auto-generated thumbnails. Slowness overall.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:21 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:29 PM

Firefox 30, I see no download buttons on freestuff, no images work (broken) on both Freestuff and MP. Site is completely unusable for me.
I thought the admin promised to put all the updates on beta sites first, WTF happened to that? That really pisses me off that he either lied or broke his promise!

Edit: Nevermind, adblock was blocking the images. Thanks a lot, Rendo staff, I'd better be able to block all the extra banners, "tweet/facebook/fdavorite this", and all the other crap I don't like cluttering the page and slowing my browser!

Also, the images are HUGE and the menu bar is small! Can we please go back to 3-4 products per row?!?!?!? Notr everyone uses a mobile phone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, no download button or anything on the Freebie pages.

Still uber pissed about admin's broken promise about doing one of the most basic rules of web design-- BACKUPS AND BETA TESTING SITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE PROMISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:34 PM

The ebots have been reported and currently looked into.

Freestuff buttons are visible when looking at whats new or the member's freestuff area. On the actual freestuff item page, we are aware of no button.

Also! We did have a beta site up for quite sometime that we got a lot of good feedback from. The changes that are seen on this update were on the beta site.

Thanks!!

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:39 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:41 PM

I never heard of the beta site. Why wasn't it on the MP carousel on the main page (the one with sale announcements and VOMs) I don't look at my mail very often. So the majority agreed that they wanted the thumbnails to be so huge? And for all the carousels on the main page?

(note in case you don't re-read my previous post: I found out the problem with the images-- it was a single item I had blocked via Block Element-- fixed now, but it would be nice not to have that bar at the bottom of the page with FB/Twitter/etc. I really hate those things., esp. since I do not use ANY of the services listed-- no FB account, no Twitter account, never read either site, no Youtube account and almost never look at linked to videos, and I don't use Google+, either-- so that banner is just taking up valuable space for me as this is a 15yo monitor, which I don't want to change because it has stickers on it.)

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:12 PM

apart from the unanswered questions i posted in a thread i created here in this forum:

1. cannot update my "profile picture" as it creates the same white blank page that i get if trying to edit previously posted images
  2. if you type in Renderosity in google and use the main site link that as your connecting link, you arrive on a page that says it is apparently Sept. 30, 2011

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:17 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:18 PM

@4220508-- I have made a note of the profile picture.

Can you take a screenshot of the date? Which browser are you using?

Thanks so much!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:18 PM

Hope Kumor

Biscuits ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:30 PM

All yellow forum personnames that used to link to the persons profile/home page are now linking to the main home page.

So if I click on hopeandlove it brings me to main home page. This is the same with any name.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:30 PM

the bit marked #1 takes you to the page with the 2011 date...
the bit marked #2 takes you to what is probably intended...
i'm on the newest SR for Firefox...

googlescreen.jpg
link1.jpg
link2.jpg

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:56 PM

@4220106

hope you guys work some things out. i'm pretty much done trying to get answers and pointing out concerns [which btw are not all mine in the above thread, but i told some folks i'd do the posting]. not really keen to try to assist further whenst it really isn't my responsibility. t'is not that i don't care as RO has been my base for o'er 14 years now - i just feel as if the site is playing too loosely with trial-by-fire with its user base, and currently, i'm fresh out of water. [i'll] check back in a week or two, and hopefully do not feel like i've some hard decisions to make [and i don't mean that in a threatening, mean-spirited way in the least... sigh].

i just want to be a part of a community that is easier to manoeuvre within so that what is the life blood of community, that communication thing, is not such a hassle to try to manage as it stands right now, be it in the galleries or the forums or wherever...

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:56 PM

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:46 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

The mention links don't seem to go where they're supposed to. It's much more practical to see an actual quote than a (seemingly random) number though.

You said there was a beta site. With all the problems each update brings, perhaps a larger beta team might be in order. Perhaps some who complain vehemently after each change might be asked to help. (You know friends close enemies closer and all that 😉)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ptousig ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:52 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but the link shown below in my activity feed doesn't go anywhere. Clicking it brings me back to my activity feed. (Hovering over the link shows this, so it's not some redirect failure.)

RendoAF.gif

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 4:43 AM · edited Wed, 19 August 2015 at 4:44 AM

In the forum next to the yellow report button there is a button that looks like a loudspeaker.
I thought it was a feature to let it read the post out loud.....

But it's the ignore button, I almost accidently ignored someone.
I would suggest making it a cross icon.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:11 AM

when i want tyo update my Profile Picture in Firefox it gives me a White Screen in Microsoft edge browser it tells me: page not found etc.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:55 AM

Bug - mysterious messages

Example " mentioned @4220474 in post @4220584"

What does that actually do (it seems to tell us a post was quoted in another post) other than break up the thread? Why do you think we need to see this useless information?

wysiwig ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hello KimberleyC:

I do appreciate the updates and the efforts to address our concerns but without the ebots Renderosity has effectively killed off the galleries.
BTW - "That which does not kill us" still hurts like hell.

Kaleb242 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 11:40 AM

I can't update my profile picture in account settings.
I choose a 200x200 JPEG image, try to save changes, the settings page just goes white with no response.

I can't update my birthday in account settings properly.
For example, when I choose 13 for the day, it actually saves it as 12.

http://www.renderosity.com/settings/

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 12:04 PM

Thank you all for your reports.

Update:
Ebots are working now. If you are not receiving them, please let me know.
Profile pictures should be working now. Please make sure the image is 200x200 also make sure you are pushing "Update Public".

Each profile area has it's own button to submit your information.

Kaleb242 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 12:24 PM

Still not working.

I chose a 200 x 200 pixel JPEG image (only 12 KB) and pressed Update public... the browser showed a status message of "Connecting..." for a long time, then just went blank white to here: https://www.renderosity.com/settings/

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 12:26 PM · edited Wed, 19 August 2015 at 12:28 PM

still not getting ebots.
still getting attack warnings on accessing the site.
still no chat.
getting close to giving up interest in using the site until the next redesign.
oh and unable to format text properly due to not being a programmer.

fabiana ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:03 PM

I wrote an extense and well brained text for telling here, as requested, what I think and feel but when I tryied to post, all my text was gone because the forums says THIS EVENT IS LOGGED... what I don´t get at all what is this and all what I wrote is lost.
So I am done with this site for today. Nothing works for me, even coming to post here now took me more than 5 minutes.
Good bye.

Please fix this.

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:18 PM

@4221128 Which browser are you using? So, when you tried to "add comment," that's what it said?

Hope Kumor

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:18 PM

Hope Kumor

fabiana ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:21 PM

I am using Firefox, updated and running ok. I tryied to create a new thread, and when I clicked SEND it was all gone.

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:39 PM

On the first page of the Marketplace there is an item missing the Add To Cart button which screws up the symmetry of the grid. The item is Prime Stella.R

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 5:01 PM

@4220836 Biscuits can include a screenshot? :)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 5:01 PM

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 8:54 PM · edited Wed, 19 August 2015 at 9:01 PM

Where did the In Memorium Page go?

Probably other things missing, just don't feel it is my job to be a beta tester: Why is it always the case that the bugs have to be caught and noted by members? This is something that should be done by the "wizards" who put the site together. What ever happened to the notion of beta testers before making a site live?

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:02 PM

Ebots are patchy at best and I would not say they are "Working"

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:40 AM

Here is the last bit of info I'm gonna give to the programmers because I am done with the constant idiocy of this place:

The only ebots I am getting are for new threads in a forum to which I'm currently subscribed (for the moment but not for long). I get no ebots for subsequent posts to threads to which I've made a post in myself. The last time I got one for one of those was early this afternoon EDT.

Over and out.

Laurie

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 3:06 AM

gosh, how about the fact that this will be the seventh post on page 2, but from outside this thread, there is no "page 2" showing to click on so that you can actually land right on page 2...

🙀

Amaranth ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:01 AM

@4221428

Yep this is everywhere

Amaranth3D

Amaranth ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:01 AM
nwagner111 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:44 AM

The following doesn't work:
1.I tried to upload an image within the new limits but every time I just get a blank white page and nothing happens.
2.Since the your upgrade the email reporting (for commented images) doesn't work
3.The email reporting for uploaded images from artists I'm follow doesn't work
4.Where is the personal friend list ?

Thanks
Nico

ptousig ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 6:28 AM

@4221428

Broadly, it looks like the post list is showing page links as if there were (realNumberOfPages - 1) pages. So if there are 3 pages of posts, it will show "[1, 2]" on the post list.

ptousig ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 6:28 AM

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:21 AM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:25 AM

@4221230 Here's a screenshot from the loudspeaker icon.

EDIT: adding images didn't work on chrome. (it used to work on the beta in the sitemail area)

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:25 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.