Sat, Oct 5, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Request: Hair Refits for Roxie

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 12:36 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:48 AM

Greetings!

I'm working on a project for Roxie ( https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2892798 )

Is anyone interested in making hair refits for Roxie?

Does anyone have links for hairs with fits for Roxie?

If you have made some fits for your own use, but aren't sure about how to distribute, PM me and I can walk you through it.

Thanks!

Lyrra

Amaranth ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 8:56 AM

I've made a few for my Cindy promos but i've saved them as a Hr2 file, i can't distribute those :)

Amaranth3D

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 9:06 AM

Amaranth

Let me check on it .. but I think you might be able to make a pmd for an hr2, and that could be redistributed. But I haven't messed with it. Failing that, you can probably export it as a morph. If its all done with scaling, a pose would do just as well.

I'll let you know what the options are once I mess with it a little :)

Lyrra

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 1:18 PM

I, too, have multiple hairs converted to Roxie using Netherworks HCS, but that creates an object file that I am certain cannot be distributed.
I have:
Arki's Dragon Carona
Belle Arum
Clio
Bridgette
Contessa
Delphi
Diahme
Fantastica
Kono
Littlefox Violet Hair
Ophelia
Paris Tails

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 1:28 PM

The following hairs come WITH a fit for Roxie
3Dream's Master Skull Cap
3Dream Lira
3Dream Rio Ponytail
3Dream Wave Art
3Dream Glam
3Dream Brave Soul
SAV Twingo Hair
SAV Adonis Hair
SAV Adonis Hair II
SAV Aphrodite
SAV Athena

And the list is incomplete........notice a trend?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 9:18 PM

Roxie wearing SAV's Adonis II
RoxieBodysuit.jpg

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 9:22 AM

well I've prodded poser a bit and here are my results

for redistributing refitted cr2 hairs - you would need to zip each one and encode each one to its master file (the hair obj generally). Yes, this is a nuisance, for you and the end user, but its the only option aside from getting the creator to redistribute the files themselves.

For redistributing any hair that was refitted via pose - simply save and share the pose as normal. For an hr2 hair use the 'save subset' and select just the hair so you don't include the figures pose as well

For refits created via morphs -
Option A well in theory you should be able to create the pmd containing your morphs, and a pz2 in notepad to load or inject them. Pretty simple with a tutorial (which I will write if needed)

Option B - the morph should be exported as an obj and then it needs to be 'z stripped' or 'prepared for distribution'. Poser toolbox has a tool for this, and there had been others years ago when this was a more common issue. I don't know if any of those other tools is about. The end user would then load the morph manually into the hair themselves. I know users these days quail in fear at manually loading morphs, but its not all that tricky.

I do have to say of the 5 v4 hairs I messed with while checking this out pretty much all of them converted fine with just scaling and positioning, which saves nicely as a pose. With cr2 hairs I didn't conform them, just scaled and moved and parented to the head. So that is a valid option. I did not check hairs made for other figures.

Lyrra

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 5:58 PM

When I save the fits as a pose, it doesn't save the scaling, just the translation and rotation. When I've done refits before, I've always just saved them as a smart prop.
?

tiggersprings ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 6:11 PM

AsteroidLady posted at 6:10PM Thu, 27 August 2015 - #4224824

When I save the fits as a pose, it doesn't save the scaling, just the translation and rotation. When I've done refits before, I've always just saved them as a smart prop.
?

You have to edit the file.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/22337/gallery/3/Text-Entry-Tutorial/Hair-Refit-Tutorial

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 9:08 PM

I've saved them as cr2 before, but there have been issues. I am going to play with some of Jessi's hair today and see where that leads me.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 1:06 AM

tiggersprings - thanks for the tutorial link, that should be very helpful

A note on cr2's - as long as you do not include the obj, the cr2 itself is usually ok to distribute as it just plain wont work without the obj. So if you can save your cr2 hair refit as a cr2 with morph and or scaling, then that should be ok to distribute. Just make sure poser hasn't sneakily made a new obj in the save folder.

I'm still working on Roxie face morphs, and then I have scaling and aging yet to do. but I would like to do refits for some of the hairs in my collection. Does anyone know if there are any automated skin conversion utilities for Roxie? I'm thinking its unlikely

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 2:40 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Some Sydney
r4.png
r5.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 2:42 AM

The hair for Sydney are both cr2. The hairs for Jessi are transmapped smart props.

I am going to go over that tutorial. I may be able to do some of these. Maybe not. I have so much else going on that I have never finished.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 2:45 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here are the Jessi hair props.
r1.png
r2.png
r3.png

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 3:44 AM

Roxie seems very suspicious in these renders lol nice work on the refits. I'm down to the last ten faceroom generated morphs .. age, gender and ethnicity it looks like. The Mature one came out well with a little tweaking. So feel free to mess with some hairs suitable for men and older ladies if you want. Once these are cleaned up then I get to go back and sort them and add anything the faceroom didnt make .. which is to say lots of 'standard' morphs like lip and ear shapes.

attached is Mature Roxie. It would look better with an older skin, but as it is I think I added at least ten years

Lyrra

mature_head.png

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 3:52 AM

That looks really good. Perhaps just a bit more chin sag and it will be perfect.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 6:17 AM
Site Admin

Lyrra posted at 6:12AM Fri, 28 August 2015 - #4224901

Does anyone know if there are any automated skin conversion utilities for Roxie? I'm thinking its unlikely

Texture transformer will do V4 to Roxie. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/blacksmith3ds-texture-transformer/101170/

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

tiggersprings ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 8:46 AM

Lyrra posted at 8:42AM Fri, 28 August 2015 - #4224901

tiggersprings - thanks for the tutorial link, that should be very helpful

A note on cr2's - as long as you do not include the obj, the cr2 itself is usually ok to distribute as it just plain wont work without the obj. So if you can save your cr2 hair refit as a cr2 with morph and or scaling, then that should be ok to distribute. Just make sure poser hasn't sneakily made a new obj in the save folder.

I'm still working on Roxie face morphs, and then I have scaling and aging yet to do. but I would like to do refits for some of the hairs in my collection. Does anyone know if there are any automated skin conversion utilities for Roxie? I'm thinking its unlikely

Lyrra

You're welcome. Before my harassment problems started, I probably would have offered to make some free fits myself, at least with .cr2 hair. I thought the least I could do was help with the tutorial link, though. Good luck. Roxie could use some morphs, that's for sure. 😉

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 3:06 AM

a note on hr2 hairs - okay so I was silly. I forgot that most hr2 hairs have an exterior .obj file. As long as your refit contains only the hr2 file with your fit and no texture, or obj, you should be fine.

cr2 hairs with a new obj need to be encoded.

cr2 hairs with a morph, can be saved as a cr2 and distributed without the original obj and textures.

and then of course pose fits are always fine.

I'll blame my shortness of brain on being on vacation lol
Lyrra

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2015 at 7:09 PM

Roxie hair fits.png
The Daz hairs Mark, Crazy Male, and Glyn. I have a few others in progress that need some touching up. I was thinking when I have a dozen I will send them out into the world. To me Roxie looks like a teenager, so I've been choosing styles accordingly.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2015 at 8:32 PM

AsteroidLady posted at 6:32PM Tue, 01 September 2015 - #4225943

Roxie hair fits.png
The Daz hairs Mark, Crazy Male, and Glyn. I have a few others in progress that need some touching up. I was thinking when I have a dozen I will send them out into the world. To me Roxie looks like a teenager, so I've been choosing styles accordingly.

Those look good to me!

PepBoy ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2015 at 6:52 PM

I apologize if I misunderstand what's going on in this thread, but at least I know you're interested in hair. I like to export Renderosity / Poser characters via fbx to other programs (Maya Max etc) -- but the hair winds up as a simple mesh object that cannot be "grasped" by Shave and a Haircut, Hair Farm, Hair & Fur, etc.and thus can't be refined into photoreal hair that blows in the wind, etc, ...as far as I know. I wonder a) if I'm wrong, b) whether any Renderosity hair artists use any of these Autodesk plugin programs when designing a 'dos and might make the original available with purchase, or c) if anyone could figure out a script or program that could convert a Renderosity 'do (by "painting" it with splines or something) into something these other programs COULD grab onto ... I'm sure there'd be a market for such a program, given that "hair artists" who work directly in these plug-ins charge a (relative) fortune and take at least week to do one head ...

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2015 at 6:47 PM

Most hairs made for poser figures are not dynamic hairs - they are layers of mesh with transparency mapping. The only DS dynamic hair solution I know of is the plugin "Look At My Hair", I do not know if it can export. Poser has its own in built dynamic hair solution, but not many people use it. There is also fibremesh hair as created in ZBrush, but thats pure geometry. Carrara also makes nice hair, but it's native use only.

I doubt many poser hair makers use those programs, but I don't know. I'm pretty sure that most make the mesh in their modeler like any other mesh.

Any rate - this thread is mostly about converting hairs from any figure to a specific figure, Roxie.

Lyrra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.