Mon, Oct 21, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 6:18 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Problems Saving Props

Soulpainter ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 7:53 AM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:33 AM

Greetings all. Upgraded to Windows 10 and now am unable to save props that I have made in poser. Receive the following error. Warning: Cannot open C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2014RuntimelibrariesPropsWeaponsShieldsTemplarShield.pp2 Anyone else seen this error? I have gone through and made all folders in Runtime read / write (unchecked the read only box) Have a templar shield I made and really wish to save it for use.

Thanks in advance.

Using Poser Pro 2014, most recent updates all installed and windows 10 on a beast of a pc

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 8:10 AM

What you have done is not enough. Ever since Vista, Windows OS have incorporated UAC which blocks any writing to the Program Files folder. If you installed PP2014 with default settings, you will find a Poser Pro 2014 Content folder perhaps located under Users>Public Documents folder. It is there that all content must be installed and saved. If, for some reason, that folder is not located there, open Poser, go to the top runtime folder in your Library, which should be Poser Pro 2014 Content, and hover your mouse cursor over it. A help text will appear and reveal the location of that particular runtime. Again, no saving into Program Files folder.

Soulpainter ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 9:11 AM

Can I copy and paste that over to new folder or would it be easier to just do a clean install and set up my runtime under User>Documents?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 12:50 PM

Copy and paste can break alot of things, a clean install might be in your best interest.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.