Sun, Oct 6, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Image comments: a community service

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 2:19 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:27 AM

Gallery Comments

This may seem odd for a community request. But we all need encouragement sometimes. And if we each took a little time every couple of days to go through the gallery and add a few comments here and there, it could make a person's day. Just a suggestion. "what goes around, comes around". 🎨

Render On!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Medzinatar ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 5:53 PM

On the other hand, I am a bit disappointed that they have apparently removed the option of choosing no comments desired.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 6:06 PM

Well, I'll look into that for you. Some folks do prefer no comments. thanks for pointing that out.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 6:25 PM · edited Thu, 01 October 2015 at 6:27 PM

is good idea to comment on imgs, as that's how one gets comments on one's own imgs. as sir paul mccartney said: "the more you give, the more you get."

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 10:11 PM

Well, I have had the same couple of people comment on my images on the rare occasion I will even put one in my gallery anymore. And they are people I never see post in any other area of the forum. I have offered my good will and gracious comments on several images. But to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much of a variety in the gallery anymore. When I click on what's new, it's shifted from the various forms of V4 to Genesis and V7, but the content is the same. I usually only post an image if I made some sort of breakthrough. What I see lately is what some members on here have been complaining about. I am not complaining, but let's face it. I can only look at scantily clad female forms in suggestive poses so much before even I will say "is this all there is?"

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2015 at 3:08 PM · edited Sun, 04 October 2015 at 3:09 PM
Online Now!

this post has been viewed 118 time, at the time of my comment. it has had only 4 reply's. I think that tells you what 114 people think of the idea. why have more not said "no " "don't have time" "I think its a bad idea"" because in the fluffy world that is "Rendo" and daz for that matter. Anything that is viewed as negative, even a comment on an image, even if it is constructive, Someone will go crying to the mods and it is removed, Because lets face it, anyone who says anything that isn't nice must be a troll. So a lot of folks think why bother.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2015 at 5:11 PM

i looked at a few gallery images today, but was stalked by an ugly jumbo ad, cant take it anymore

😡

sickof.jpg

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

diastrophus ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2015 at 10:58 PM

The extensive wait for the rest of the gallery page to load, combined with the over the top ads, is preventing me from viewing the gallery at all. I've been away for a bit and am unsure when the change happened. I hope it gets fixed soon.

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 8:22 AM

Boni, I've commented on images and encouraged artists in the galleries for say 10 years. Then Rendo stopped with the e-bots, that alerted me when one of my fav artists had issued a new entry. This sort of forced me to stop visiting the gallery, as I have to wade through lots and lots of images which are not of my interest, to (not) find the ones I like. I also experience that it stopped various artists from issuing into the gallery, as they saw a drop in visitors and comments.

So: give me back the e-bot alerting, and I'll be back commenting.

PS: I would encourage e-bot alerting on freebies as well, as I do have my fav artists in there too. It is working fine on Marketplace. I would also encourage e-bot alerting on the forum. Now it exists for threads, but I'd like a note when one of my fav guru's posts anything anywhere. Give it a thought.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 2:22 PM

I'm waiting for them to add ability to block artists and block genre. I quit viewing gallery yrs ago, due to repetitive nature of posts on first page, when browsing "what's new".

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 4:45 AM · edited Tue, 06 October 2015 at 4:47 AM

I've commented on some images in the past. I never got the impression that anyone actually wanted.... feedback. Renderosity could just as easily add a "like" type button instead because most seem to be interested in collecting "responses" and "ratings" rather than being at all interested in what the comments actually say.

I don't bother now because, quite frankly, it takes hours of browsing before I come across an image I can even stand to look at for more than 10 seconds. Since there's no good way to find quality images, it's just too frustrating. And the current method of choosing top rated images is so closely correlated with "popularity", the art charts are best used as a guide for what NOT to look at.

A better way to do things might be the way DeviantArt selects its daily deviations. When humans, with some actual taste, as opposed to algorithms, do the choosing, the quality of art goes up exponentially.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 5:34 AM

I agree it's a popularity contest in there. Some of the images that are getting top marks are worse than my first render attempts 5 years ago. They don't even take the time to make the character look alive... no expressions, just the default blank look. Using Reality or any other render engine doesn't make it better. It just looks like a more realistic mannequin....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 6:44 AM

I don't even like going to the gallery anymore. It is so convoluted now. I agree with others in the fact that trying to find what you are looking for is next to impossible.

I used to like coming to Rendo, but all the recent changes have made it far more work than it is worth. I am not alone in this either, many people that used to post images and in the forums seem to have vanished.

Change that is user friendly is fine, change that makes it harder to navigate just pushes users away.

Going to a gallery to see images only to find that it is now just another way of pushing advertisements says a lot about the direction the site is going.

If you want people to go to the galleries, or any other area of the site for that matter, stop making harder to do so with every update to the site.

I have been a member her for years, and I am sorry to say that the direction the site has gone is the primary reason I contribute next to nothing here anymore. But without a doubt, no one really cares about that now do they..... Rendo most likely wants new members that don't already have huge Runtimes.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 7:36 AM

shvrdavid posted at 8:34AM Tue, 06 October 2015 - #4232510

I don't even like going to the gallery anymore. It is so convoluted now. I agree with others in the fact that trying to find what you are looking for is next to impossible....

Spot-on! If this Forum had a "Thanks" button for your post, as some do, I'd click it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 7:45 AM

I do agree that most individuals posting in the gallery are looking for positive comments and no constructive suggestions. Why bother when others give glowing responses and you're the only one giving suggestive advice to improve the image and are critically attacked for being negative.

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 7:47 AM

I'm no fan of the latest batch of changes, and I'm certainly not defending them. But I do know that making the site mobile friendly -- despite the absurdity of doing so on a site that sells content to people who MUST own at least a laptop computer -- was absolutely necessary. Quite a while ago Google gave out a warning that sites which did not fully support browsing by mobile devices would incur severe penalties in their search engine rankings. No ecommerce site can afford that. Hence -- I believe -- the awful changes at Daz3D, and recently here, or so it would seem. These sites weren't the only ones making drastic changes. Just as an example, The Atlantic got slammed with negative comments after they made mobile device friendly changes.

Alas, Google. The power to make the entire commercial web horrifying for desktop users!

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 5:12 PM · edited Tue, 06 October 2015 at 5:13 PM

You can code a site to do any platform of your choosing. So what Google asked for can, and is done on lots of sites.

The difference is if the coders choose to do so in a way that works easily on any platform.......................................

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 6:57 PM

shvrdavid posted at 12:54AM Wed, 07 October 2015 - #4232510

I don't even like going to the gallery anymore. It is so convoluted now. I agree with others in the fact that trying to find what you are looking for is next to impossible.

I used to like coming to Rendo, but all the recent changes have made it far more work than it is worth. I am not alone in this either, many people that used to post images and in the forums seem to have vanished.

Change that is user friendly is fine, change that makes it harder to navigate just pushes users away.

Going to a gallery to see images only to find that it is now just another way of pushing advertisements says a lot about the direction the site is going.

If you want people to go to the galleries, or any other area of the site for that matter, stop making harder to do so with every update to the site.

I have been a member her for years, and I am sorry to say that the direction the site has gone is the primary reason I contribute next to nothing here anymore. But without a doubt, no one really cares about that now do they..... Rendo most likely wants new members that don't already have huge Runtimes.

I came to the same conclusion, which is why I have now deleted my whole gallery (I didn't like the new advertising policy in the galleries). It was only about 300 images but it had taken me 5 years to get to that.

Anyway I am out of here back into long term lurk mode before I get told not to be negative, yet again.

Bye.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 7:37 PM

I've got literally hundreds of images to upload...mostly drawings, paintings, and ceramic sculptures. But, haven't gotten round to it. Plus I feel that there's a preference for digital media (which I have a lot of also... but more model images/wips and such). I'm just gonna go ahead and put them up anyway, over time. I personally do all of my web browsing on a mobile device and my digital image making on an offline machine. I think Google and Facebook are nice and I feel that this sites changes aren't at all a bother to myself as a member. I couldn't care less about image comments and don't look a whole lot at most of the imagery posted in the gallery by others, although I've seen some cool work... I don't comment though. The idea of having to comment to get comments is ridiculous... akin to handling a soggy barf bag frankly. Imagine if that kind of mentality were required in a real world art gallery? But like I said, I don't care about shallow warm fuzzies... or comments, or potentially spiteful infantile repercussions for lack thereof, which would be about as meaningful as the shadow of an ant to me as an artist (although the shadow of an ant might be of more significance lol.) ... yup, that about covers it. Thanks Rendo, your site works great on my phone! ;)

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.