Mon, Oct 21, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 6:18 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: The new Poser

scottl ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 5:35 PM ยท edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 7:23 PM

I saw that a new poser is out soon so I have a question. What figures does it use? It seems that Daz is claiming its newer line of figures for just DS so what is the new Poser doing? Thanks

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 8:13 PM

Via DAZ's Dson importer, you can use all of DAZ's models up to the G3 series. Poser 11 comes with all the Poser people created since Poser 5. Most of the human or human-ish models created by Anyone other than Daz are expected to work.

Hope this helps

;>

Andy!

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 8:16 PM

The Genesis 3 series does not import well into Poser at all. The rigged facial expressions do not work. You will have better luck with Genesis and Genesis 2 which still work in the earlier Poser versions.

scottl ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 8:18 PM

Thank you for replying. TBH I dont find the figures that are native to poser to be significant, simply because theres so little for them to use. V/M4s I have tons for and i`m fine using them myself but the new figures are nicer and looking into the future Poser really needs to either gain access to the new lines from Daz or to be able to compete with them by creating their own lines. Havent used V5 or 6 really or Gen2s alot, dson works sometimes and sometimes not fo rme. gets really frustrating. I greatly prefer Poser over DS so was hoping there was something coming along for Poser, guess I can still hope. Thanks again :)

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 8:46 PM

Yes, the native Poser People have been a disappointment in my far from humble opinion!! They're the kids who never make it out of detention!!

I've been told DSON works best with Poser Pro 2014, but that 's my favorite toy, so I'm reluctant to break it by adding DSON to it... It's pretty substandard on PP 2012, agian, in my opinion.

I've Also heard you can use DSON to Import G2F/G2M and their sibs & then save 'em to your poser runtime (Select her, Edit > Memorize > Figure) and they behaves like they should, but I haven't tried it yet.

;>

Andy!

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2015 at 2:20 PM

Has anyone figured out how to make the ground invisible, but retain the shadows in PP-11? In PP-2014 (and earlier) you could just check the 'shadow catch only' in the mat room and render your figure/prop with shadows and no background. That doesn't seem to work in the PP-11 version - at least using the Superfly engine. It still renders the background which I pretty much never use.

For myself, I'm kinda impressed with Pauline - she looks pretty good so far - I hope some decent content starts showing up for her. Of course Vicky 4 and her sisters are still my faves...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

kentphoto ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2015 at 9:09 PM

Bought the new Poser 11 and when I start to render a figure it crashes. And my computer restarts...needless to say that all the work I spent creating the figure is lost. I have a PC running Windows 10. Anyone else having this problem.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 12:23 PM

So many issues I see posted regarding Poser 11. This is why I never buy a new version of anything until it's been out a while and at least one updater/service pack has been released. Regardless of the discount one obtains for jumping on the bandwagon right away, the aggravation isn't worth the savings--especially if you're in the middle of a huge commercial project. Won't ever go past Windows 7 until I am forced to, either.

kentphoto ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 12:56 PM

Haha...know what you mean. But hopefully they will have a fix soon for this error in rendering...(at least on my end).

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 8:26 PM

;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.