Sat, Oct 5, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Poser Girls Lineup comparisons

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2016 at 7:49 PM

I have seen the weightmapped v4 but I'm not impressed,I know some are happy with it,but isn't it about time that poser etc ,and figures had skin that reacts like skin? Weightmapping seams more like a bandaid to the problem rather than dumping the old ways and starting over with something more advanced.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 2:13 AM edited Wed, 17 February 2016 at 3:24 PM

You never hear the War Lords cry I want.kill the kings ,rage war ,it's yours for the taking.

Hail To The King

============================================================聽

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2016 at 9:51 AM

shedofjoy posted at 10:42AM Sat, 30 January 2016 - #4251874

I have seen the weightmapped v4 but I'm not impressed,I know some are happy with it,but isn't it about time that poser etc ,and figures had skin that reacts like skin? Weightmapping seams more like a bandaid to the problem rather than dumping the old ways and starting over with something more advanced.

Ahh, but you commented how much V4 content you had; you can't have it both ways... 馃槈 Weightmapping is used by most 3d software these days, and will work well with a good mesh; V4's is decent. If you want something better on the cheap, one can grab Tony's improved Pauline if you have Poser 11, or convert Genesis 2 to a Poser figure pretty easily in Poser 9 and up.

There are programs with more advanced rigging, but they come with a highly advanced price compared to Poser...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
鈥淚 could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 31 January 2016 at 5:06 PM

WandW posted at 6:02PM Sun, 31 January 2016 - #4252152

There are programs with more advanced rigging, but they come with a highly advanced price compared to Poser...

Blender ,Houdini ,Lightwave are affordable. The funny part is most high-end app's use mocaps so they don't need all the rigging tools. But since Poser can use mocaps high end app's don't really have any thing on Poser.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 1:10 PM

lyrra you missed V2, V3, Judy, Miki, TY....all popular figures....in their time and now.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 10:11 AM edited Thu, 18 February 2016 at 10:15 AM

"Blender ,Houdini ,Lightwave are affordable."

So is Daz studio... but there are some that would rather struggle with a horribly crippled G3 Female with no face movement and can only wear her basic sports bra& panties....after being forced into poser..

Rather than venture outside the familiar 1990's Kia krause interface of poser

"The funny part is most high-end app's use mocap so they don't need all the rigging tools"

Mocap is merely animation data captured from a live human actors using the various optical systems on the market you still need good rigging tools that can retarget that mocap data to your native application rigs.

** " But since Poser can use mocaps high end app's don't really have anything on Poser"**

Posers IK system is rubbish, 馃槚

its camera & Graph editor, animation system is a vestigial 1990's relic . "high end "apps have much better Character motion editing systems than poser

My website

YouTube Channel

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 1:55 PM

Shhhh ,don't tell the children there's no santa claus ;) I finally got how to make AO maps in SL ,it xmas to me :)

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 5:12 PM edited Thu, 18 February 2016 at 5:15 PM

Most apps you can just bake to render via uvs for AO maps. Or that's how you do it in modo...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 5:50 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 6:34PM Thu, 18 February 2016 - #4255906

Most apps you can just bake to render via uvs for AO maps. Or that's how you do it in modo...

I was having difficulties burning AO maps from Normal maps in Substance Painter. problems solved now :)

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 6:35 PM edited Thu, 18 February 2016 at 6:35 PM

Nifty. That should come in handy to grunge up mechanical stuff. Baking is really cool with procedurals. Still need a good uv though. Sorry for the OT Lyrra.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2016 at 3:48 AM

Oh ,We got grunge ,We got nothing but grunge. I'm in dire need of masking skills. ;)

000.jpg

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2016 at 8:44 AM edited Fri, 19 February 2016 at 8:48 AM

Not familiar with masking in SL. I assume it's a typical gray scale/bw alpha though. SL uses layers looks like for materials. Probably just export out a uv template, import in to an image editor, and create your masks. How those masks might be applied in SL is your call. Creating the masks themselves shouldn't be too difficult, maybe you could invert the AO map and do a bit of erasing/fading and apply that as your mask? Just conjecture for conversations sake of course. Maybe an in app procedural inversion of your effects with some kind of strength falloffs is possible as a mask? Seems like something that would be accounted for pretty up front with a tool like SL.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2016 at 12:37 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 1:12AM Sat, 20 February 2016 - #4256042

Not familiar with masking in SL. I assume it's a typical gray scale/bw alpha though. SL uses layers looks like for materials. Probably just export out a uv template, import in to an image editor, and create your masks. How those masks might be applied in SL is your call. Creating the masks themselves shouldn't be too difficult, maybe you could invert the AO map and do a bit of erasing/fading and apply that as your mask? Just conjecture for conversations sake of course. Maybe an in app procedural inversion of your effects with some kind of strength falloffs is possible as a mask? Seems like something that would be accounted for pretty up front with a tool like SL.

A 2D app is a 2D app regardless of what company made it. SP is just a 2D App for 3D .So anyway you want to make a mask you can :) paint ,textures ,materials ,procedurals etc etc same as in your 2D app. You can just paint the textures no mask needed but those material/procedurals look killer n fast to make. I've just never really textured with procedurals n mask before. n Half to say my skill level at this ,underground ,looking forward to making it to the basement ;)

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2016 at 10:23 AM edited Sun, 21 February 2016 at 10:28 AM

I want to thank Lyrra for her early explanations and demos in this thread.

I would have liked to ask a few On Topic questions and learn some more.

Respectfully

Izi

PS: Rudeness is an immature and unacceptable response to being corrected, but here it's just ignored.

So much, dear moderators, for this site's 'good behaviour' policy.

Edit: Oh, wait... I might be thinking of another site.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.