Wed, Sep 18, 6:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Looking for Upgrade Advice

GaryChildress ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 9:23 PM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 3:31 AM

I've been working with Mike 4 forever now and recently started getting into creating clothing for him but I just can't handle the pants with his legs so close together. I've tried PhilC's excellent tool for creating clothing props but Mike 4 is just REALLY hard to work with. It is incredibly frustrating. So I'm sort of wondering if it's time to move on and find a better figure to work with. I currently have Poser 9 and I believe the newer DAZ figures don't work with Poser 9 so I'm sort of stuck. Should I upgrade my Poser? Should I look into getting Mike 6 or Mike 7? Looking for advice as I'm on a tight budget right now.

P.S. My niche is making military clothing and props and I want to eventually sell a few things to raise a little money. So I'm also looking for advice on which figures and software I should get to set up shop with. What are most people buying these days? What new DAZ figures are the most popular?

Thanks!

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

jura11 ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 11:11 PM

Hi there

Really depends if you want to stick with Micheal 4 or you want create more clothing for newer DAZ figures etc. and want to stick with Poser,if yes then new Poser Pro 11 can be good option as is now on sale for upgrade you will pay around $180

But if you want to create clothing for Genesis 3(Mike 7) then you are bit stuck,as new Genesis 3 is not supported in Poser and earlier Genesis in Poser is hit and miss,be prepare for slow UI when you will be using Genesis if you have slower PC etc.in my case using more than 3 Genesis with all morphs is bit pain,but can be manageable,but all depends how many characters etc you have installed,in my case I've only few M6 characters and loading M5 or M6 is very easy and no slowdowns of UI,with V6 or V5 story is different

Now is very popular Genesis 3 and people very quickly move to this and some people sticking with Genesis 2,but which you want to support is up to you

If you want to create clothing for G3 then I would suggest download Daz Studio and try it if its worth or not,as many people using DS for content creation etc and many people prefer to work with DS,but I'm Poser user,I've used DS for while in last couple of weeks to test IRAY

If you are on tight budget,I would suggest try DS,this will be cheapest option for you there as is free

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks,Jura

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2015 at 9:38 AM

If you are willing to wait a couple of weeks the new male figure for Poser will be ready for Poser Pro 11. Paul. He has a good look and a nice blend of some Genesis features and traditional Poser features, yet is different. See what is already available for Pauline.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

GaryChildress ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2015 at 1:29 PM

Interesting. So Paul is going to be offered with Poser 11? I hope he's a lot better than Simon was, at least as good as Mike 4. (And doesn't look like a string bean.)

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2015 at 10:30 AM

Yes, he is a figure standard with Poser 11. He needed a little more testing before being released and will be in a service release VERY soon. I totally like the looks of the figure. Here is a rough Superfly render of Paul.

Paul_Rough.png

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.