Mon, Sep 9, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Is Interest in Sci-Fi Dying?

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 7:37 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Most of my renders are Sci-Fi related so I am always on the look out for new material. Without going into the reasons I have not visited the Market Place here since September of last year but for some strange reason I decided to today. I went to the 'Space and Sci-Fi' department and that gave me nine pages. Due to my absence I expected to see a lot of new stuff but at a rough guess there was less than half a page. I then tried the 'What's New' department and while there were some items that were clearly Sc-Fi that did not appear in the 'Space and Sci-Fi' department I was still surprised at how few new items there were.

Searching the market place for 'Sci-Fi' gave me nine pages, while searching for 'Space' gave me eleven pages so there is clearly something wrong with the selection for the 'Space and Sci-Fi' department. The question I am left asking is, are there really less products being made for this sector or am I just not finding them?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 7:52 AM

Try SciFi, that brings me 48 pages.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 9:22 AM

Jules53757 posted at 3:20PM Thu, 14 January 2016 - #4249090

Try SciFi, that brings me 48 pages.

Thanks for that, there is clearly something very wrong with the Space and Sci-Fi department in the market place.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 9:30 AM

This gets even more silly the deeper I go. If I do a market place search on scifi I get 1048 items over 22 pages, yet if I try SciFi 2259 products over 43 pages. Surely it should be possible to build a search that ignores capalisation.

Right so using SciFi I am off to search 43 pages for new stuff.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 9:31 AM

Well, the name of the Department is Space & Sci-Fi but the Genre, on the right side of the page listed, is SciFi. But, it doesn't matter, if it works.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 10:04 AM · edited Thu, 14 January 2016 at 10:04 AM

In future I will stick with your suggestion of SciFi, that seems to get the most hits. Using that I did find a couple of new items I could be interested in although I did expect more new products. At least I am a little happier that I am picking up what is in the market place.

Thanks for your help.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 10:14 AM

You're welcome

Ulli

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.