Mon, Sep 9, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Daz3d content question

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 5:13 AM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 4:31 PM

Does any of the Genisis content come with .obj files, I ask this as I don't have Genisis and cant be bothered with the hassle of getting her into poser, although I do like the content, ie hair and clothes and can quite easily adapt them to V4 for my own use, and having the .obj file would help a lot (as I don't know if daz studio lumps the obj into a singular file like a cr2 with the vertices contained within it.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 5:53 AM

For object files you have do export the item out of Studio.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 7:12 AM

@Jules53757, thank you. I'm guessing studio doesn't use a geometries folder like poser does, not a problem though. I have just read in the forums here that there is a new app here that allows Genesis to work in poser 11, so thought I will give that a whirl.... downloading dazstudio genesis dson etc is a pain in the neck, more of a mine field than I was expecting, but now its downloaded I will give it a whirl, see what all the fuss was about.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 7:42 AM

Don't mix up your information. The new app only applies to Genesis 3. Your loose use of the term Genesis is too general and implies all the Genesis products. Genesis and Genesis 2 can be loaded through DSON and are functional in Poser. Genesis 3 is the only figure adapted only for DAZStudio and very limited use in Poser. Now the new app restores fully functionality for Genesis 3.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 4:49 AM

@hborre Thankyou for explaining that, I had no idea that there was that much of a difference or that it was like that (still haven't tried to install any of them), to me (who knows very little of the genesis line) I cant tell what the benefits are of Genesis 3 over anything else, ok I haven't looked into it, but there again I'm not really that hooked, everything I want to do in poser I can do with what I have, nothings really jumped out at me to say "you need this" like the upcoming VWD clothing and hair software. while I'm writing, what is the benefit to Genesis 3? what am I missing?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.