Thu, Sep 19, 8:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Is it possible to save figures with parenting info?

flyerx ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2016 at 8:22 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:29 PM

Poser 11 pro, Windows 10.

I often use parented (not conformed) figures with other base figures and I would like to know if there is a way of saving them to the library with the parenting information. Similarly to props. Maybe there is a script or a file edit that could be done if a native Poser solution does not exist.

I usually have to save parented figures in a reference position so I can parent them to the base figure after they are loaded. But this is cumbersome and many times it fails because any changes on the base figure will break the match with the parented figure.

Converting them to static props breaks any material presets so it is not a solution. I know I could also re-rig the figure but that is a rather extreme solution for something so seemingly simple as relative positioning.

thanks for any info,

FlyerX

gate ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2016 at 12:55 PM

jup it is Possible to create a Smart parented figure it is the same as you would create a smart prop just fallow the steps of the tutorial using it on your Figure that you want to auto-parent. if you use a figure instead or a Prop there will be a slight glitch in the hierarchy of your setup ! actually it will not show the parenting wen checking on right click as the main body will not be Parented it will parent the tree of the figure. but actually will not influence the purpose , it will work just fine.

read the tutorial in the other thread to find out how to change your scripts.

Tread with Tutorial

flyerx ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2016 at 8:55 PM · edited Fri, 18 March 2016 at 8:55 PM

Thanks for the tip gate. It worked perfectly. I save the figure while parented, edit the BODY parent keyword to smartparent, save it and that is it.

I wonder why Curious Labs has not put such a trivial option in Poser yet. Maybe it breaks something else.

gate ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2016 at 8:48 PM

Actually some scripts when saved can be very complex , guess it has to do on a average saving option it might get in conflict with a save that is parented and should not get that info in the script , as if you would save a figure this way and load it for another figure set then it would jump on a wrong spot :) at the beginning of Poser we were working mostly with script editing as it works pretty fast this way , sometimes might be even the better option as to figure out where the option might be in the applications.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.