Fri, Oct 4, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Is it possible to parent a camera to a figure?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 27 April 2016 at 12:35 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Hi

What I want to do it simulate first person view as it would appear in a computer game. I.e. I show a character walking across a room, then switch to first person view and see the same action from the characters point of view.

If the character extends his arms they will come into view as if you were seeing the view from the characters perspective.

It would mean parenting the camera view where the characters head is, so that it move with the character.

Anyone think there's a way to do this.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 27 April 2016 at 1:18 PM · edited Wed, 27 April 2016 at 1:19 PM

I have not tried this myself, but theoreticaly it should work to have the camera in position first then go to the "object" menu drop down and choose "Parent to" OR figure to "change parent" and choose the figure's head from there. You may have to make the figure's head and eyes invisible.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

adzan ( ) posted Wed, 27 April 2016 at 1:27 PM · edited Wed, 27 April 2016 at 1:35 PM

Create a camera (Object - Create camera) - on the parameters tab - Make it visible

Move it roughly to the head and rotate it 180 degrees so that it faces forward - using Dolly X-Y-Z and Roll-Pitch-Yaw

right click on the camera and select - Change Aux Camera1 parent to - Choose your figure and then choose its head

Now adjust the camera so that you can see the arms using focal length - Dolly X-Y-Z and Roll-Pitch-Yaw - etc etc

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2016 at 12:03 AM

Hi

Thanks for the information guys.

I'll try this out, I have an idea about incorporating my character into video game film clips that I want to try out. I also want to try making a first person 3D Stereo video clip.

Mike

EboMarconi ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2016 at 10:39 PM · edited Thu, 28 April 2016 at 10:49 PM

Using Poser Pro 2010 one cannot parent a camera to anything. So I thought, well why not parent a light and use the shadow cam light to render the scene. So I tried this and everything blew into little tiny bits and pieces and Poser CRASHED! OK, I picked up the pieces and tried again and I see that with the Hierarchy Editor it's possible to drag a dolly camera onto a prop or character's head and that works just fine. Just don't give up.

EboMarconi ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 8:05 PM

Well, MikeMoss, you gave me a good idea. A camera man in scenes is what it seems like to me. So I made a Shoulder Cam that has a dolly cam already built in and parented to it. And a pose for M4. Makes shooting in a scene from a character easy. Kind of a different concept. Anyway, I uploaded it to my free stuff. Try it out, and enjoy.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 7:35 AM

Hi

Thanks for the ideas, I'll check out your shoulder cam in the Free stuff and give it a try.

Mike

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 9:00 AM · edited Thu, 02 June 2016 at 9:01 AM

Not only can you parent the cam to a figure you can have it follow the figure around. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr7d5YOn_0I

tam2000k2 ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2018 at 12:12 PM · edited Fri, 05 October 2018 at 12:14 PM

Sorry for being late to posting this response, but I was searching for this answer and I found your post, which gave me several ideas to try.

As a result, in Poser Pro 11, I create a Dolly Camera from the Object menu> Create Camera> Dolly. In my case it becomes "Dolly Camera 2," followed by selecting the camera from the top of the character's parameter settings (Body> Cameras> Dolly Camera 2), then moving the camera in front of the character. After you have the camera in front of the character and framing the character the way you like, then go to the Object menu and choose "Change Parent." At that time, it should be set to "Universe," which you can scroll down until you can select the character that you want the camera to follow. Hope that helps

mazzam ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2018 at 1:34 PM

Here is what I do. Take A's face camera and zoom out and swivel around until you see the back of B's head then move forward a bit. Vice versa for B's face camera. I do this all the time for scenes with two characters so interaction is realistic.

drafter69 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2018 at 1:49 PM

In Daz I do it all the time.. I also parent the lights to the camera so as I move around I do not lose the lighting setup....

3Dave ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2018 at 1:43 PM

You can also use your character's Face camera, it is already parented zero the xyz parameters rotate it 180 and in the hierarchy editor hide the head and any bits that are inside, eyes, teeth etc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.