Sun, Oct 6, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Has low polycount characters ever been sold here or any Poser site ?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 12:33 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 1:28 AM

Has low polycount characters ever been sold here or any Poser site ?

There's a game Poser, I know there concept isn't the norm, it's boolean n decimate. but no game character sold ,that I can find.

I never see any threads about game characters here.

Any one care about game characters around here ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 6:41 AM · edited Mon, 27 February 2023 at 4:04 PM

I believe there may be more, but off hand there is:

image.jpg

The Soldier Projectl

6000 polycount.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Jules53757 ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 6:47 AM

Also Predatron has a lot of Low-Res figures.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 8:32 AM

What exactly are you looking for? Male - female? From what time period? (For the clothing)

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 11:09 AM

If you go to Epici's store here you will find low res soldiers. As Ulli said, Predatron at DAZ has a number of low res figures, Lorretta Lores and Lorenzo Lores are the most versatile as these come in clothed and unclothed versions.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 1:19 PM

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vincent-parker-for-poser-vpm1-/65741/

Vincent Parker is a low-poly figure too.

VP.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 8:07 PM

Thanks a lot for all the info :)

Well how should I put this ,I'm no longer Employed .and I always wanted to try my hand at being a Vender.

If I attempted to make The Roxxies ,Dawns n Vickys Realistic SubD meshes with a 1000 morphs etc etc .They'ed turn the power of before she was finished. Not that I have the skills or attention span to compete at that level anyways.

So where looking at plans B ,C n D etc etc.

B) Make low poly characters. Being there's only 2 or 3 Venders out of 100's making Low Polycount characters. I don't know what to think.

C) Make high polycount mechs.

D) open to suggestions.

So somebody tell me what to do .I'm a Artist ,I have 0% business skills n zero experience making business decisions.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2016 at 6:48 PM

"somebody tell me what to do"

Go find other full time employment is my advice.

The poser content market is not growing ...you will starve to death.

My website

YouTube Channel

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 5:36 PM

RorrKonn posted at 6:28PM Wed, 25 May 2016 - #4270250

Thanks a lot for all the info :)

Well how should I put this ,I'm no longer Employed .and I always wanted to try my hand at being a Vender.

If I attempted to make The Roxxies ,Dawns n Vickys Realistic SubD meshes with a 1000 morphs etc etc .They'ed turn the power of before she was finished. Not that I have the skills or attention span to compete at that level anyways.

They'll still turn the power off before you generate enough sales to pay the bill if your only focus is Poser, no matter what kind of models you're making.

My advice, if you want to stick with the 3D thing, is to start learning animation and/or environment modeling, then create an account at upwork and a few other freelance sites, post a portfolio of the best work you have at all of them, and at every other applicable site you can find, and get your stuff seen by as many potential clients as possible. The majority of freelance work available is in animation and environments/arch-viz. Some of them pay very very well if you know what you're doing. And in between, build models that you can sell at the various content sites. Poser and DS are not the only markets for 3D content.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2016 at 2:39 AM

wolf359 You are a beacon of hope ;) but I get what your saying all to well. The coal industry stuff is hurting every one also. about the only jobs left around here are minimum wage repos n mickyD's jobs. I'm allergic to lead n to old n ugly to be a waiter ;)

AmbientShade. Thou I would like to get in good with a few killer studios n freelance for them. I go tomorrow ,first time n get shots in my shoulder but between my bad shoulder n my very sad home grown studio ,I stopped all the monthly subscriptions. Don't know if freelance is a viable option at this time. will half to wait n see on that one.

For now I'm making a female warrior for any n all app's.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.