Wed, Sep 18, 2:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Carrara bridge to VWD questions

philemot ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 7:22 AM ยท edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 10:54 PM

Please use this thread to discuss the Carrara bridge, to suggest improvements or to report bugs.

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2016 at 9:37 PM

thanks, just found this forum!

diomede ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2016 at 7:11 PM ยท edited Mon, 04 July 2016 at 7:11 PM

Just found this forum. I bought full VWD and just bought the Carrara bridge. I tested VWD in Poser. It works. I am very excited. However, I am having trouble getting Carrara to run the VWD bridge. I posted a few issues with screen shots in the Daz Carrara forum but this is probably a better place.

At first, I got a "can't load..." error on Carrara launch, but Philemo pointed me to a Python 2.7.11 for 64 bit and that helped. Now I can start Carrara and find the go VWD option in the file menu. However, when I navigate to the folder with VWD in it, Carrara closes with no error message. Suspect it is something about the bridge because VWD works in Poser. Could it be something about Windows user account control? That was something I had to fix for the Poser workflow. Could the Carrara bridge need its own permission? Is there a way to get it to give an error message if that is the problem? I tried running Carrara as administrator but then "go VWD" can't be slected in the file menu.

philemot ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2016 at 6:02 AM

Sorry, I've just discovered this post. I'm not sure how notification works in that forum, But I surely didn't receive any. fortunately, you also posted in the "other" forum.

0oseven ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2016 at 6:44 PM

I am still experiencing a few problems that crop up " randomly" - I am trying to determine under what circumstances.The following was reported in the Daz Carrara forum a week or two ago.. As it occurred again yesterday I raise it again here - I'm thinking it may be to do with hair because hair was involved in a few sims that stopped. PROBLEM - simulation stops [ for no apparent reason ] at about 80% complete.VWD freezes and only way out is control/alt/delete to stop the program. Realise not much to go on but anyone else having this problem?

I intended to run some sims today so loaded the .car file I saved yesterday [ V4 with Hair only and some head animation] PROBLEM - I started vwd and pressed the "Host List" button then got error message as per attached image. Not sure exactly what it means but my initial question is- would there be any reason a .car file loaded would not properly be recognised by VWD? I'm sure I've used saved files before without problem. load host list error.JPG

VWD 1.0.366.2786 full version and philamo plugin is latest beta.

philemot ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2016 at 3:37 PM

That error occurs when there is an issue with the scene description file. If that happen again, there is a file in the DazTmp directory ("CarraraVWDDebug.txt"). Could you close Carrara and send me that file ? It would help me understand where the issue lays.

npayn ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 2:27 AM

Installed Python 2.7.11 however CarraraVWDBridge failed on input of VWD location (tried having VWD in C:VWD and ...RuntimePythonposerscriptsVWD). Installed Python 2.7.12 and it appears to have fixed that problem. Now able to save VWD location and start VWD from Carrara. (Windows10 x64)

diomede ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 2:44 AM

Thank you npayn. I can start VWD within Carrara now

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 3:11 PM

Thank you to you both. I'll update the documentation to specify Python version.

0oseven ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 5:17 PM

@ philemot - I sent you a message re my bug , please check cheers

diomede ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 6:06 PM ยท edited Thu, 07 July 2016 at 6:07 PM

VWD seems to be working in Poser. In Carrara, I am now getting an error when I try to specify the cloth item from the host list. Carrara startsout by seemingly making the second clothitemVWDobj but then gives an error that it can't find the cloth item obj. In the main sticky bugs thread someone mentioned holding the key down for an extended period but I doesn't seem to fix it so far. In this example, I have a V4 character as the collision object and the Kandy dress for V4 available from the Renderosity store as the cloth object. There are multiple copies in the host list box because tried a few times. Same results. VWD bridge error no obj found.JPG

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 7:37 PM

The fact that you have a suffixed object created means that the dress has been exported and reimported in Carrara. The message is from VWD. Objects have to be visible to be exported (same in Poser and Studio). After the first export, the original dress is hidden and the copy is visible. If you redo one without hidding or deleting the copy and making the original visible again, it won't work.

But all that doesn't account for the first export that should have worked. I had that kind of error when:

• the export takes too long. Most of the time, this is due to the "merge vertices" option checked with a high number of vertices.
  • The obj file is locked. You may have to cleanup the exchange directory (there is an option in VWD Utilities menu).
  • Carrara crashed somewhere in the process. that hasn't happened to me for a long time.

Hope that helps

Philemo

diomede ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2016 at 4:24 AM

Thanks, I will check the poly count, merge vertices option, and make sure the exchange directory has been cleared.

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2016 at 11:35 PM

Hi, not sure if I should post here or in the wider VWD forum.

Bridge is working fine most of the time - Thankyou!

But I would like to export my morphed mesh out as an obj (so I can bring it into another car file). I select the mesh, export as obj with morph and skinning selected but when I bring it back into Carrara I only have the original mesh that is not morphed

thanks for advice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.