Sun, Sep 15, 5:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 12 1:46 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Joanna - StudioArtVartanian....Please Read

MrTatterscratch ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 7:23 PM

I simply can't believe this. I've never posted publicly in all my years on 'Rosity, but I have to add my small farewell on this one occasion. To me this is like someone turning out the lights on the party - Joanna was the only vendor whose products I bought without even having to click through the promos. She was talented, patient, and always willing to help solve problems or take suggestions, and no one else I know of comes close to the quality, personality, and detail of her characters, either. This is absolutely heartbreaking news, and it leaves a gaping hole in the community in more ways than one. Condolences to her family and swift wings to the soul's journey. She will be sorely missed.

T.

scifibabe ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 7:35 PM

I'm really sad by this news. She was an amazing artist. Her talent was awesome. Wow. How can I express my condolences to her family? If they read this... I want them to know that this lovely lady was gifted, crazy-awesome and really special. I'm so sorry to hear she's passed.

jif3d ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 9:22 PM

I can't believe the sad new, such a talented artist, my deepest thoughts and best wishes go out to her family and friends, may her art live on forever in all those lives she has touched.

R.I.P.

phoenixknight ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 10:14 PM

I don't interact with a lot of people online, and even fewer do I enjoy speaking to, but I had the pleasure of being able to "speak" with Jo a few times - enough to know that she was a truly phenomenal person. Hearing that she's gone...the world seems a little bit darker without her light in it. She was truly a remarkable person - not just because of her talents, but because of her heart. She was easily one of the nicest, most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of communicating with, and she will be dearly missed.

masha ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 11:00 PM

How utterly sad. My heart goes out to all who loved her and cared for her. What a loss!

Domi48 ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 1:00 AM

So long, ô designer!

Marianne_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 4:17 AM

My condolences to her loved ones.

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 7:04 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts & prayers go out Joanna's family & friends. She was a kind & talented person. She will be missed by all.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

mapps ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 10:05 AM

Jo was a sweet heart and she will be missed.

thelufias ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 11:59 AM

Loving thoughts and heartfelt prayers go with her and also to the family....So very sad.....

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 12:10 PM

Oh my god, no. This sad news brings tears to my eyes. She was a talented, beautiful soul. Her art will surely be missed.

bryanl65 ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 12:15 PM

Does anyone know what happened to her? There could be a foundation that needs to be donated to in her memory.

To someone like me, who can't draw well at all, this is my only real medium. Jo was one of the people that gave me that medium. For that, I will always be grateful.

To lose someone from this community with her talent and the way she brought that talent to us is very hard to swallow. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and close personal friends at this very difficult time.

Rest in peace Jo and show 'em how to do it right on the other side.

Bryan

vicmann ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 3:33 PM

Καληνχτα γλυκια φιλο μου. Goodnight my sweet friend.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 5:10 AM

Without a doubt, I will always remember her whenever I use her products and creations. And in a way, she's always with us through the art.

Eternal Hobbyist

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 10:00 AM

Condolences to her family and friends.

Psi-Op ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 11:39 AM

<3 <3 <3

realfelsenstern ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 11:52 AM

She will be missed so badly. Whenever people will get on her product site, no matter if they knew her or just learned about her recently, they will get sad that her site and doing came to such an early end. She was way too young.

I met her just shortly recently and can't believe that she is gone now. My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

hongyu ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 9:56 PM

Never know Joanna in person, but it is always sad for me to hear such a talent goes away, My condolence to her families.

scottl ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 2:26 AM

...such a sad loss, a very talented and sweet lady. Thank you for sharing your talent and your light with this world, you will be sorely missed...

brodiss ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 4:11 PM

Such a loss of a great talent. My condolences to her family and friends.

3dpoetry ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 5:42 PM

Amazing artist and an incredible content creator. A visionary of modern times. Your presence is going to be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to your family, close friends and community members.

Damsel ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 9:36 PM

She had a true gift that always made me smile. Jo has been my favorite vendor for years and I have purchased almost everything that she created. I am so sorry that her life was cut short but we are blessed with her wonderful characters and more to remind us of her always. Rest in Peace Jo and my prayers go out to her mother and brother at this difficult time.

Kathie Berry
Admin/PlanIT3D

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot. 
Others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
 --Pablo Picasso-
-

consumer573 ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 5:36 AM

I just heard. I am very sorry. I corresponded with Jo several times. I don't consider myself experienced in 3d but my time here is getting closer to ten years than it is to one or two. There are people that I have come to view as foundations of this community and she was one of them.

DancingCat ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 1:20 PM

This is such a stunning loss! She was such a talented artist and I loved her work. My love and prayers to her family. She will be missed.

mixart ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 1:40 PM

Totally Saddened by Her Passing. Did not know her personally, only through her fantastic work. The Community, the Industry and I will greatly miss Her. Rest In Peace Talented Soul

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 2:17 PM

This is a shock. I have only spoken to Joana a few times, I remember her as being very friendly and open. Her characters always had such life and I always enjoyed using them in projects.

My sympathies to her friends and family. She will be missed.

Tora-no-shi1369 ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 8:53 PM

A good friend and one who helped me get better with my work. She will be greatly missed and our world will be a little darker with out her light in it.

blinded_dinosaur ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2016 at 12:16 AM

It's sad to hear of her passing, especially for someone so young. She was one of my favourite vendors, and I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy many of her products.

Rest in peace. My condolences to her family and friends.

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2016 at 7:51 PM

Her family has my condolences. I got plenty of mileage (still do) out of her stuff.

llynara ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 11:30 AM

Shocked and sad to hear this! I did not know her personally but absolutely loved her products. She was my favorite artist and vendor. Condolences to her loved ones. She will be very missed.

Ewers ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 11:39 AM

Wow ...I saw her picture and at first thought is was another acknowledgement of her amazing work. I almost collapsed when I realized it was a memorial. I can't find the words to say how stunned I am. The world of art in a whole has lost such a wonderful person with an amazing talent. I have bought tons of her products and still have some on wishlist to get.

Tell your friends, your loved ones, and the people that make a difference in your life every chance that you get how much you love them, and how much they make an impact in your life folks, because you never no when that will be the last time you see them.

My prayers go out to her family and friends.

She's in a much better place, but she will be greatly missed down here.

llynara ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 11:53 AM

I guess there's no way to edit previous posts. I forgot to add that her artwork inspired some of the characters in my books. In fact, some of it even inspired entire books. I will be dedicating them to her.

Jack238 ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 3:43 PM

Her work has always been an inspiration to me. I know I am not alone. You will be missed. You will not ever be forgotten.

matrix03 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 5:13 PM

After getting over the initial shock I wept for about two hours and it's taken me some time to cogitate on what would be appropriate to say so I will give it my best. This beautiful, vivacious and wonderful lady was one of my favorite vendors and we had corresponded some over the past several years. she was excellent at creating products and at customer support. if you had any questions or issues with her products she would do her very best to help you. also, she was very proud of her greek heritage and I just wish I had a chance to discuss the history of her country with her which I had planned on doing, but it never happened because I didn't think she would leave us so soon. as far as I'm concerned SAV should have been considered for Vendor of the decade. it's a shame that she died so young. she will definitely be missed! R.I.P Joanna!

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 9:59 PM

Has anyone done any memoriam renders?

LPR001 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 10:06 PM

@ MKDAWUSS

There is a tribute gallery set up for Joanna. Link below

SAV Gallery

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 3:33 PM
Online Now!

I can't believe it... Jo will be so very much missed!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

coyoteviper ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 4:53 PM

a great loss to the world. All my prayers to her family and friends. I would not of have enjoy rendering as much had it not been for her generosity with what she created. I did not know her personally, but through art and her comments, there was a connection. I hope there is art in heaven, for if so, it just got a lot better.

LeReeve ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2016 at 6:14 PM

My condolences to Jo's family. I loved her products and her work -- she will be missed.

echokimono ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2016 at 9:56 AM

Very sad to hear the news. Joanna was such a great person. Nothing is more painful in life as the separation of a jewel. God rest her soul!

rsand55 ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2016 at 11:11 AM

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of this great lady. My deepest condolences to Jo's many friends and family. God bless, Robert

Maddelirium ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2016 at 3:55 PM

This is just shocking. Most of her products grace my runtime, she was a true talent and for many, an inspiration. She definitely left her mark in this world and for this community, we have all been blessed by her talent and she will be truly missed. My deepest sympathy goes out to her family and friends, so sorry for your loss.

tepisquintla ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 1:12 AM

A highlight of Renderosity for me has always been looking for her latest release. Each one was a gem and some like Marina are iconic.I share the pain of her loss with her family. Joanna, you live on in your creations and in the fondness we who share them have for you. You are beloved. Grace and blessings to your family.

badgerorg ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2017 at 2:13 PM

I just now found the memorial link at the bottom of the page. I have purchased many of Jo's packages, and marveled at her talent. I was not fortunate enough to be one of her Renderosity friends. And the loss is surely mine. My condolences go out to her family and friends.

Sarsifas ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2017 at 10:54 PM

I'm seriously late to this thread. I only just now saw the "Memorial" tab at the bottom of the page, and clicked on it to see what came up. I didn't know Joanna -- never even communicated with her through the forums, as I have with some of the other vendors -- but I have bought and used several of her products, and was very impressed with them. So sorry to hear this.

YetiNate ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2017 at 6:08 PM

I believe Joanna inspired a lot of people through the years before her death. I am deeply sad, my condolences to her family.

UteBigSmile ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2018 at 4:25 AM

May your precious soul rest in eternal peace, I will never forget your kindness and your endless smile!

!!Joanna is Marina - Tribute1.jpg

Why can't I change my avatar anymore?

dieterderblau ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2018 at 3:24 PM

Rest in Peace, Joanne. Thank you, so very much, for everything you've done for us. Yet again, my distance from the scene keeps me out of the loop until much too late, not that it changes a thing for you. Rest in Peace.

fractalartist01 ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2018 at 9:49 PM

She will be missed!

McGrandpa ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2021 at 1:08 PM

Five years on, little lady, and you are still missed so much. Doesn't seem real that you aren't actually still home, sharing and still enjoying your Art to the max. God Bless you, and sleep well. We'll all be along soon. Michael "McGrandpa" McCollum

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.