Tue, Sep 3, 6:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: question about dphoadley's remapped M4 to take M3 textures

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2016 at 7:34 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 10:17 PM

HI folks, I haven't used this figure for a long time but I need it for my comic now. I can't seem to inject the body morphs into the figure. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2016 at 9:27 PM

I still use M3 occasionally, and yeah, the body morphs should still work.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2016 at 9:30 PM

Thanks for your reply. It's an M4 figure actually, not M3, but it takes M3 textures. Love esther

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2016 at 10:42 PM

Is it a standard morph injection pose? Is this a different version of M4 than you've used before with the injection? Was it a different version of Poser, when you last tried? Is your library setup different? Are Poser's PMD use settings different than before? Maybe the M4 version you're using now lacks the blank morph injection slots the old pose requires? If the injection pose uses PMDs, perhaps the library paths are broken somehow?

Just throwing guesses out there. I have no idea which of these (if any) may be valid, with Poser 11....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 12:03 AM

It's the morphs for base M4 and Morphs ++ I can't remember if it has ever worked on the remapped version M4 by DPH. I tried turning PMD off but the problem still exists. In P 11.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 4:20 AM

Does it work on PP201X or whatever version you were doing before P11? Just a thought.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 9:12 AM · edited Sat, 30 July 2016 at 9:14 AM

Turning off PMD does not prevent Poser from reading it; that feature only prevents Poser from creating it. If there has been any alteration of the mesh as a result of the remapping the morphs will not work.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 10:17 AM

Do you have a cr2 editor? I would open the pose first, to see if it uses PMD injection, then verify that the path is still valid, if it does. If it doesn't use PMD, I would check your remapped M4 cr2 to make sure it contains the necessary injection slots. Or has the Poser Team fixed morph injection so we no longer need the blank slots? I don't remember.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 11:35 AM

I'm on the road and so can't give this a try, Try saving a regular M4 with the morphs injected to the Figures Library with PMD's turned on. Save a new copy your M4 remap to the Library with PMD's turned on, then delete (or rename) its associated PMD, and rename a copy of the PMD from the regular M4 to the original name of the remap's PMD. The saved remap's cr2 should now load with the morphs....in theory... 😼

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 7:30 PM

I fixed it. I added the morph to a M4 then I opened it's Cr2 in a text editor and changed the .obj to point at the remap .obj

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.