Wed, Sep 18, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Is it possible to build up a database of fabric perimeters?

janrendo ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 3:37 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Just wondering if its possible to setup a database of basic fabric perimeters. Say settings for how leather, silk, satin, spandex, cotton etc behave and sometime in the future have an option to select such perimeters for items with one click from within VWD?

That way we can work with stuff much more quickly as we will have a base to work from and tweak.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 5:47 AM

Its a great idea.

But I would say that having to experiment is great for learning.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 12:37 PM

Yes, this is a great idea even if the realisation is not so easy.

As I said before, the stiffness of a cloth depends on its mesh structure. Currently, in another project, I have to find a method to define reproductible behaviours for some clothes. In this project, the solution is easier because the cloth mesh will always be with the same size.

The new version of VWD will allow to apply recorded settings directly at the creation of a cloth or when you want to rigidify it locally. In the other hand, the subdivision method in VWD allows to modify precisely the size of the mesh except if the cloth already has a mesh structure lower than the value defined in the subdivision method. Using these two methods, it would be possible to affect a "reproductible" behaviour to a cloth actor.

I want to make some tests and I will give more informations. In all cases, the new version will offer the opportunity to make these tests. Perhaps, It will be the users which will be able to create some behaviours usable by the community.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

janrendo ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2016 at 4:59 AM

That sounds great, sometimes you just want to make something quick and built in settings will sort of allow you to do that. Also currently there is no way to reset the garment once imported and the initialization is done so although experimentation to learn is good its also very time consuming. Looking forward to seeing what the updated version will bring 😀

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.