Sun, Oct 6, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: They didn't fix the Physics engine?

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2016 at 2:01 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:03 PM
Forum Moderator

Using the Physics in Poser 10 was fun, but challenging, especially when you wanted to do certain things... Like fill a bowl or cup with balls or fruit or anything really.

I snagged Poser Pro last night and just ran a little test... And nobody updated the physics engine! It's a broke part of Poser, and I hope it doesn't just go by the wayside. Here's the test. Load a bowl prop and a ball prop. Scale the bowl up or the ball down, so the ball is small enough to go into the bowl. Set up Physics simulation, and try to drop the ball into the bowl. Won't happen... for some reason, there is an invisible force field that prevents the ball from going into the bowl.

I do hope this gets sorted.

BowlBallBadPhysics.jpg

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2016 at 8:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvkmHKL9I-k

Go watch this video and it will explain why you are getting the result you are. the Physics engine is working the way it is designed to work. The bowl is a concave item and bullet Physics works with convex shapes, so the top has a "force field" over it, which is normal. If you want to drop the ball into the bowl you will have to put in several planes inside the bowl arranged into a bowl shape and use those instead of the bowl.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2016 at 9:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Yeah, I knew about how to make a simulation to get done what I needed done, just didn't realize it was how the Physics engine actually worked.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.