Fri, Oct 4, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Varying performance at end of movie

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2016 at 11:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

I want to put an end-comment on the last frame, or last few frames, to display at end of movie for as long as the viewer wants it to be there while he reads it. But movie-displayer programs vary in what they do at the end of the movie:-

(1) Continue showing the last frame until the viewer tells the displayer to go on to something else.

(2) Stop showing the movie at once.

(3) Restart the movie, in a loop until the viewer interrupts.

My first movie-displayer program did (1).

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2016 at 12:54 AM

I would just do a "freeze-frame" on that last frame and extend it long enough for the viewer to read the message, or credits. You can't count on any video player to do this for you (and shouldn't). -AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2016 at 1:09 AM

Hi

What he said and add a fade at the end so it doesn't just disappear all of a sudden.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2016 at 3:36 AM

Thanks.

Wayken ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2017 at 8:20 PM

Are you just looking to extend information for a viewer, or are you looking for a player that makes the video interactive? Just extending information, there was good suggestions above. If you want interactivity, then a special web player might be needed.

3D Animation Magazine $10 Magazine Advertising http://mavcoremedia.com/ads01

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 12:02 AM

I am wanting to put an end-comment in the last frame, which will stay on screen long enough for the viewer to read it comfortably, without me have to lengthen the video file by up to half a minute of more movie composed of repeats of that end-comment frame.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.