Wed, Sep 18, 10:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Predressed generic figures to download?

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 9:27 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 6:39 AM

Hello friends,

Really appreciate the help I'm getting in this forum.

As I am a newbie to Poser, I wonder if I can ask, I am a set designer in the film industry and am wanting to use poser to create clothed figures in specific poses to use in 3d models of my sets (I use Rhino). I am not super picky about the clothes, meaning I don't have to create a specific wardrobe for each of my figures, but would probably be fine with predressed men, women, children, etc. in different GENERIC outfits (businessman, causal, etc.) and then use Poser to adjust their pose before exporting as an obj. Is there any way I can find these predressed figures, that already have their clothes conformed to them and that follow their pose correctly when I adjust their pose?

I know that Poser ships with built-in figures (Allyson... Ryan etc.) but is there any other source out there of figures one can download?

Thank you.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 5:27 PM

Yes, there are some sites that do have pre dressed figures for pay or free but you'll have to rig them for posing. Is that what you're looking for? Or you can go to DAZ... but then again you'll have to get their software to use the figure and their clothes... There aren't very many choices in terms of pre dressed. Not unless you look at the ones that are in poser 4, 5, or 6 folder. Some of these are already dressed and can be posed using the pre set poses in Poser. . some are not but they have the clothes already available. I'm talking about James, Jessi, business man and business woman also shipped with Poser.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 5:30 PM

Hey ThunderStone,

Thank you for your answer. I have Poser 11. Where are the Poser 4, 5, or 6 folders that you are referring to? In my Library panel, I just have two folders: One is called Poser 11 Content and the other is Downloads (empty).

Thank you, again.

Nails60 ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2017 at 10:58 AM

In the people folder , there is a folder poser originals, look through this.there is a folder poser4 hi for example which contains pre dressed figures. Also in the people folder you will find rex casual, roxie casual Pauline casual, don and judy casual. All of these are pre-dressed, but as the name suggests, casually. (If I recall don and judy need the colours or textures added to the clothes)

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2017 at 11:00 AM

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.